lan games

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes... If you are part or that lan you can play in the server. But if you are trying to connect to the server and you are not part of the lan then you wil not be able to join.

Best answers
ok so lets say i live in lasvegas and a friend of mine lives in vermont could we play online and if yes how?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you/ur friend makes server, the maker gives ip to joiner, maker makes server, after that joiner join server by typing in console: connect <ip that maker gave u without the hooks>

Best answers
um i dont get it please explain again sorry

um wait ill fight u in a lan game just tell me wat to do

Best answers
Just create a game with a password so that only your friend can join the game. To create a server, do this: multiplayer--->internet games--->create game
or if you are on a lan with your friend, multiplayer--->lan games--->create game

Best answers
but how does ur friend join a lan like this lets say i live in lasvegas and my friend lives in virginia and i create a lan game then i give him the password but do we have to be online?

Best answers
see i cant cuz i downloaded halflife im gettin retail in 2 weeks along with a new vid card so i just wanna play a lan game

Best answers
a lan game is only for people on local area network not through the internet so you wont be able to play anyone online until you get a legal copy of half life

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jesus, this is a forum man. Not a chat room :S don't expect to get an answer within half an hour... You've posted "A little help" 3 times now, some even within 15 minutes.
Don't do that again... If you don't get any replies within DAYS, that's another story.

Best answers
that's really funny....a surprise that Enigma managed to turn on his computer ;) j/k

Best answers
am i talkin to u mr trick i dont think so so shut up man oh and tell ur mom not to use pink lipstick anymore my d*ck is now colored

Best answers
lol
now u really insulted me...
you are 10 years old, right? i remember the post yesterday, where you insulted ultraperfectcell! a shame that it is deleted....

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MrTrick, I suggest you DO NOT spam like that again. That post had no relevancy to the topic, and Enigma, you shouldn't be flaming at all, you are teetering on a 2-week vacation, let alone the 3 or 4 times you double posted in this thread - that isn't acceptable either.

Your answer is simple - LAN stands for Local Area Network. Virginia and Nevada are not in the same LAN. If your friend were to bring a laptop over with his Half-Life on it, and you created a network that way, they you'd be able to play him in a LAN game. LAN doesn't stretch over states in that manner, you'd just be too far apart, so you'd have to play him in an Internet Game, that simple.

Best answers
thanks for not being rude majin you my apologiez

back to topic so would california be considered the same lan or would it only have to be in the state i live in which is nevada

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It may even have to be closer than just the same state...more like the same city, or, more likely, the same neighborhood as you.

Often, LAN games are organized in the form of parties and are held in a house where you can bring over your own copy of HL and install it. You'd need to configure a LAN first, and I haven't a clue on how to do that. I'm sure Windows has help files on creating/finding LAN's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom