lan connection problem

Best answers
when i start a game on lan and try to play with my cousin or friend we cant see each others games no matter who starts it this happens for all original half-life games i was wondering if any of u could help me? its worked in the past but that was years ago so any advice would be great, i have tried using the IP address to connect but it doesnt work either

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when i start a game on lan and try to play with my cousin or friend we cant see each others games no matter who starts it this happens for all original half-life games i was wondering if any of u could help me? its worked in the past but that was years ago so any advice would be great, i have tried using the IP address to connect but it doesnt work either
You need to forward ports on your router.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but we use wireless connection
It's my understanding that if you and your brother share the same connection, then it has to through some sort of router. I'm not very knowledgeable on wireless connections, but I'm positive that you need a router for both you and your brother to share a connection.

Best answers
router ports dont need to be fowarded for lan play do they???? also make sure "sv_lan 1" is set in ur games and have u tryed direct connect e.g "connect 192.168.1.2" in console?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom