Lan client

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think for 1.3 they should have an online client (one used through steam) and one thats a Lan client that can only allow you to play on a lan network and not online, no matter what you do.

I like this better then having to log onto steam and then create a lan connection that way. Especially when you don't have an internet connnection to begin with, thus making steam useless.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'd need to launch steam anyway wouldn't you? run you launch any exe file (for example, if you want to play hl2), it will automatically open steam if steam is not already open. I don't think such a thing is possible. You can jsut run steam in offline mode and tick lan game in the server options if your'e planning to paly a lan with bots or with your steam account being used on another pc.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I think for 1.3 they should have an online client (one used through steam) and one thats a Lan client that can only allow you to play on a lan network and not online, no matter what you do.

I like this better then having to log onto steam and then create a lan connection that way. Especially when you don't have an internet connnection to begin with, thus making steam useless.
There is already something that does that.... It's called Steam Offline Mode. Just disconnect from the internet, and run Steam, it should ask to Reconnect, or run in Offline mode. :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom