laggy laggy laggy, new version

Best answers
ok for starters this has to do with something in the new version as the other version worked just fine, after installing the patch, havent changed any settings at all, everything is now vary laggy, my guy would only move like once every fes secounds, and when i go into the console or any of those other things the game seems to run fine... but when i get back into the game the lag returns. counter strike works alright though, no lag problems at all

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe your video mode switched to something your computer doesnt support very well...? i dont know about that one you should try turning off the added features you dont need like the smoke after explosions or the diamonds over head(unless of course you need those) dunno might wanna wait for someone in the team to answer this one if that doesnt work

Best answers
new devlopments.... i get no hud and i get this in the console
Missing bitmap font: gfx\vgui\fonts\1024_Scouterstats Text.tga
Missing bitmap font: gfx\vgui\fonts\1024_Melee Text.tg
seems somehow these wernt included in the patch... theres no font directory in vgui\

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the missing bitmaps shouldnt do anything i get the same message but as for the hud you mustve gotten a bad download file everything didnt download alright id try downloading it again

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if u r using 1.2.1 , that took screenies and lags the com , it automaticly took screenies all the time , but it didn't seem to do that when i switched esf 1.2 to cs 1.6 , get the ltested patch (1.2.2) , i haven't got it as yet due to me having no net , i go to core intercafe just to play online and crap , (if i quit smoking , which i don't think will not happen) i get 1.5mbps adsl , but neways , also what gfx card r u using , get the latest drivers and c if that fixes it up , or it could be lagging coz the card is ethier faulty or it could of been damaged by overclocking , if it's a gexcube card , then they always seem to screw up (i bought a gexcube 9670xt extreme and that performed well for about a month , then i installed the latest nforce drivers , and then it started to f**k up heaps , it did the same thing in my bro's p42.6 setup using the 875p chipset , and alos in a friends com , so i gito rid of it on ebay) i use an fx5200 now , the game only lags when beam smoke appear (i choose to have it on) it's seems to run fine for me most of the time (240+,512mbddr400geil,eaglefx5200,asus a7n8x-e deluxe,160gig samsung sata 8mbcahce hdd) i need more infor on your specs to dertemine whats causing this lag

Best answers
ok now it works... i just unstalled the patch and game and went with the full game download, now it works fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom