lagg's ingame

Best answers
when I make maps.. and are gonna test them ingame.. it laggs.. I have 5-10 fps :/ what do I do to fix it?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could be a number of things, Could be your computer is taking a massive amount of screen shots to your esf directory, go look there. Or it could be your computer is really old and sucks. Other then that i don't know.

Best answers
nop.. not that.. but I think it is an leak in the skybox.. cause when I play my maps.. I can fly out of the map.. :S

Best answers
well... the sky box only realy leaks on the bottem from what i noticed... but more specificly make sure the sky box fully incloses your level... try makeing a box... with hallow command outside your level... then put lights that have large amount of purple light to them... so you will be able to see where the leak is....

leaks are easily seen by the lack of lighting effects, or maype your textures are too detailed or something like that...

Best answers
if I find the leak.. what should I do then?? make a new sky texture over it?

Best answers
No, you fix it by creating an other brush over it or check the other brushes where the is for example.

/edit

If you use to much sky it will cause lag ingame. And that's the first thing to avoid.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah it looks like vis didn't compile.

Fix any links and recomplile :)

Best answers
think of it this way when you make a map... if you where to make a real model of the map and throw it in to like a bucket its supposed to keep air inside, everything in a level has to be inclosed, if it isnt things get a little screwy. leaks happen when two walls dont exactly meet in a way that the level will be closed off, prehaps you didnt make a wall high enough or long enough, maybe you forgot to finish off part of a room. to fix this... after you figure out where the problem is... fix the problem by extending a brush over the hole so that it makes contact with the other brushes and thus plugs the hole... or just make a brush the exact size as the hole... brush entities do not fix leaks so putting doors or things like that wont work

Best answers
the compile doesnt vis.. it comes an error: Error: Portal file 'D:\\test.prt' does not exist, cannot vis the map.. ??

Best answers
portal file? i think hammer is supposed to create that file during the compile... does on mine... how strange if you havent try compileing in valve hammer

Best answers
it is the same error in valve hammer.. Portal file thing is missing

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
\o/ /o\ \o\ /o/ :p Try to use HLCC or ZHLT Compiler. And try to maby not add so much **** to it :) And keep the size of the map kind of small because the mode's are scaled down :OOOOOOOOO

Best answers
I use batch compiler.. but the same error comes in every compiler.. :/

Command line: D:/Sierra\HALF-L~1\VALVEH~1\hlvis.exe d:/testmap

-= Current hlvis Settings =-
Name | Setting | Default
-------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 1 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]

fast vis [ off ] [ off ]
full vis [ off ] [ off ]

Error: Portal file 'd:/testmap.prt' does not exist, cannot vis the map

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read the stickies. I am tired of having to find the errors for all you people. All you have to do is look a few damn threads above this one and look to the bottom of the thread. It isn't rocket science.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obviously not, or else you would have read a tutorial entitled "Finding And Fixing Errors with Your Log File."

Best answers
hay, dont be a ****... we have already agreed to help him ok...

i think the portal file should be with the map... check your paths... make sure they are all correct maps should go in to the ESF/maps directory

Best answers
no portal file.. I tryed search my computer for .prt files.. dont find anything.. its something with the compiler... but the compiler did make .prt files befour.. it just stopped making it

Best answers
I figured it out :) I just added another player_deathmatch thing.. but still it laggs a bit.. 20 fps now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom