Lagging sound,total crash...

Is this a good idea? Please post why!

• Yes! God finally someone asked them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! The sounds may not be like the show, but there good enuf.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
when i had esf before a week it was runing great but i had some problems with connection and my files wer everywhere some of them had errors and some just being there for no reason so i decided to reinstall windows and make everything in order and i did and i didnt install anything just important stuff and hl-steam-esf was first game i installed the first time i run it in the main menu was great but when i started to play i had this weird lagg, mouse didnt go smooth when i was turning it and my keys didnt respawn sometime and i keep flying in 1 direction for sec or 2 and movie wasnt smooth even do latency was 40 when i got in serv i had 60 ping...i got pentium 4 1.7 ghz, 640 sdram geforce fx5500 256mb,cable internet 3mb/s.
So i tryed some commands like: rate 2500,cl_updaterate 55 and 101,cl_cmdrate 55 and 101,fps_max 120. Nothing happend maybe a lil increase but still laggy keys,mouse movement and swooping.
So i whent on nvidia 2 get the latest driver for my graphic card i installed it and i pressed on esf icon and when i got in menu i got this weird sound it was like lagging and if i pressed quit or joined in any serv i got total crash my comp restarted...than i had to reinstall esf or i whould keep crashing.after that i tryed many other drivers and i got nothing same stuff it runs with laggy keys if i change in graphic anything like from single to copy screen or update driver i get weird laggy sound and if i press quit or join i get total crash

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yea i turn it off same stuff i tryed reinstalling whole drived and start with the 1 i got from cd and still laggy keys and swooping.
On my graphic card i got settings: qualty,high qualty or performance and high performance and i set it to high performance like i always do and nothing still laggy even when i create server and i am alone in server.
i got forceware 91.47 driver i tryed also 91.7 and i find out from this forum
i should go for 66.93 and i installed it still laggy keys and swoop if i change something in driver or if i update it while esf is installed i wont be able to play esf i will go in main menu and thats it than if i press quit i will get crash and if i join in some serv i will get crash and while i am in main menu i get this weird theme song wich is laggy

Mog

Best answers
Does this only happen on ESF? how about normal Half-Life?

I don't think it can be an ESF only problem.
If it also happens on Half-Life you might want to try the Steam website too.
The forums there can be pretty useful aswell.

You should check your sound card too.
I heard some people had a problem with my sound card in Half-Life 2, where if I choose certain speaker settings the game can lag and restart the computer.
I don't know if that also affected Half-Life 1, but it's worth checking if you run out of other ideas. :)

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
half-life runs ok no lagg no nothing.
my setting in esf was always the same 1024x768, opengl, sound is high and i had bouth boxes checked, in multiplayer i have fx high, beams high.
with those setting it never lagged for me.
Btw whats the best settings for cable internet: rate cl_rate cl_cmdrate cl_updaterate....?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems to me ilke Latency lag. Are you sure you didn't have any traffic in the background while playing ESF? Like downloading a file and similar.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
no i am not downloading anything i have msn off and i always join servs up to 70 latency usualy 40-60 server i join and its weird when i join a server who has latency 40 i get 60 ping and if i join a serv with 60 latency i get 80 ping usualy i got latency and ping the same before i deleted windows. Yea Mog thx it was the sound i think i checked off those 2 icons in sound and its ok i dont have that weird sound at menu and while loading serv but still i got laggy keys and swooping is laggy not so much but u can see it when it jumps back a lil when swooping

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no i am not downloading anything i have msn off and i always join servs up to 70 latency usualy 40-60 server i join and its weird when i join a server who has latency 40 i get 60 ping and if i join a serv with 60 latency i get 80 ping usualy i got latency and ping the same before i deleted windows. Yea Mog thx it was the sound i think i checked off those 2 icons in sound and its ok i dont have that weird sound at menu and while loading serv but still i got laggy keys and swooping is laggy not so much but u can see it when it jumps back a lil when swooping
What about packet loss?

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
u mean that flush... problem no i dont get it anymore i just it once yesterday but its not like before every min. In 2 weeks i just got it once.
Hmmm...maybe i got got some opengl problems...
on hl i could only run opengl defult not the opengl mini driver...?
and if anyone know where can i download 1.5 opengl driver or its installed with nvidia driver...?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think that OpenGL can be downloaded. Just update your drivers, or maybe install an older version. Who knows, might just work. If the problem is in OpenGL, that is.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i tryed different drivers still the same my best driver so far is 66.93 i get 1404 score on 3Dmark 2003 and if i use coolbits program for tuning nvidia cards i get 1479 but i only tuned it to 300mb defult is 270 u can go up to 1gb i dont wanna use that much i dont got good fans .
Does anyone know what multiplayer decal limit is i got 300.0000

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No i ment packet loss. It makes you lag even if you dont have a high ping.

Basicly said the information you send to the server is lost and you have to resend it. It doesnt make the connection slower so your ping stays low but due to the resending you start to lag.

You should check for packet loss with the net_graph 3 option.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
no...
usualy i have less...XD
i dont know how hl is old game it dosent need much and i am runing it just with 30 fps...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no...
usualy i have less...XD
i dont know how hl is old game it dosent need much and i am runing it just with 30 fps...
Hehe tell me about it i ran it with 15 FPS on my old PC. But its still a little low for your PC specs :s

Well if it isnt packet loss or drivers. Maby its a thirdary program (A.K.A. spyware)

Sorry but thisone has me stuned.

Mog

Best answers
Are you sure you are using Steam?
It's just that I don't even see the "3Dfx Mini Driver" option in the Steam version Half-Life...
(although the driver is included in "Half-Life\gldrv\3dfxgl.dll", and listed in the driver map file... never understood that.)

Mog

Best answers
Yeah, I was certain he was...
I just wanted to know if there was some hidden option he could see to use the 3Dfx mini GL driver. :)

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
hmm do you think maybe its problem on my second disk.
I got got 2 disks wich are fused togather XD
on 1 wich is smaller 15 gb i got just windows no other programs and on other one wich is 80 gb i got programs games and all other crap.
So when i deleted windows i just formated disk where windows is (C: disk)
and on second disk ( D: disk) i just erased the files that wer installed i left the zip,installer,pictures,movies...so i didnt formated disk D.
and i always deleted all C and D and it worked great.
And i have ESF installed like this D:\Leonardo Files\Games\Steam.....
I had even D:\Steam... and it didnt worked before always worked no matter where i put it.

Maybe i should install on C disk...

Today i tried overclocking:
Core clock frequency - 300
Memory Clock frequency - 420

on the begining of playing i got 40-50 than it go back to 40-30

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom