Lack of texture wad?!

Best answers
I finnaly pulled myself from TS for a moment, and looky what happens.

I start up HL, switch to ESF. Then i run a lan game (for some reason, if i just rush into a server, it takes a long time to load, but when i make a lan game first, it gets all that out of the way) and it freezes in the middle of the connecting proccess. I wait a bit... no go. THEN i press alt+tab and there's a window? Its asking for a wad texture file. I click on one, and every time, the textures are scratchy and the game is twichy as hell. EVERY TIME i make or join, it asks for it?! It's buggin the hell outta me.

Please fill me in on what the heck is doing that. I looked around, nothing different... but nothing the same. I uninstalled then deleted all the contents in the folder, then reinstalled, but still, no go. I started looking in the main valve folder... same as before, no go. What a pest... thats the last time i let little siblings touch my custom machine! I know it has to be a file.

P.S.- I searched, but got frustrated looking through alot of them and quit, i just need a straight answer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if it's a fan-made map, be sure that you put in the *.wad file into the main esf folder (do not overwrite any files) ... if it's an official ESF map AND reinstalling doesn't help, be sure that you've got fully access (rights) to your whole ESF folder (you should, when you're able to install ... but I know windows ...)
if this desn't help either ... sorry man ... I don't know another possibility

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom