Lack of servers?

Best answers
One con of ESF is the clear tangable lack of servers, my steam list is 90% temp servers and they are either locked or high pinged. There is not enuff dedicated servers that are also low pinged. I see the ESFORCES.com servers, they ping at arnd 100, but those are always empty, if i join to 1vs1 someone I spawn as a purple shard of crystal abomination :scared: and cant do anything but leave and hope someone has a temp server thats open and isnt laggy.

I know theres nothing you can do but I gotta get it off my chest.

So does anyone know some good low pinged dedicated servers? could you give me the IPs plz? and passwords as they are probably locked :tired: tnx.

Best answers
i know most of the clan servers r good and low ping, Ours, GODZ, Rf, they should show up in the server list with like 50 ping {based on ur connection}
they would most likely be locked for training or clan match

JCD

Best answers
Dredj is right many high pinged servers.
MikeG I got SDSL connection and still your server isn't under 100.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't get Won... the team doesn't support it. People need to realize Won is done with. All of the other mods are fine on Steam, ESF fans are just behind the times. Don't encourage a dying system -_-'

Just join an empty official server. I'm not sure why but most people don't seem to realize that if nobody joins an empty server it stays empty. That's how it works. You join, someone comes along and says "Hey it's not empty now" and joins. Before you know it, it's full.

Best answers
There are certainly few good Euro servers. There were a couple, but they seem to have gone down (bah). I don't mind going to the ESForces.com ones, but since I get 100 ping, I never quite have the same degree of control as I would do normally (timing of the taps different, teleporting needs to be done earlier). It's a shame, but there you go. :(

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate to break it to ya'll but if you can't compete without a ping under 100, you can't compete. It's about a fraction of a fraction of a second less control, which is not that extreme, no matter how sensitive your controls are. If you ever wanted to enter a tournament, for example, you'd have to join a server that was set up by somebody you don't know (usually a neutral third party) and you don't have control over whether your ping is 50 or 130. 100 ping is most definitely not the end of the world.

Best answers
I don't quite know how the servers are in the day time, seeing as how I have school. :S The RF^ clan server gets me about 40-60 ping, so it's pretty nice to play after school. Sometimes it's full, and sometimes the admins over the server boot people for no reason. :p But other than that, it's perfect. I suggest checking it out.

Best answers
i play on steam and esf never crashed yet.

my ping is 20-40 on the servers.

i have no problem.

and in 1.2 ping is not the problem of losing. its you. you just need to train.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MikeG said:
i know most of the clan servers r good and low ping, Ours, GODZ, Rf, they should show up in the server list with like 50 ping {based on ur connection}
they would most likely be locked for training or clan match
*smacks MikeG*

You forgot my server. The APE server.
Best server for ESF there.

Best answers
So can you give me the IPs/PWs of say the godz server and ape server, RF also so if you have 1?. thx

Best answers
JCD said:
Dredj is right many high pinged servers.
MikeG I got SDSL connection and still your server isn't under 100.
thats cause dsl sux, i'm on a cable connection and the server is being hosted in texas, i'm 2 states away and it still shows 30-50, if ur out of this country it most likely will be a different story

Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
*smacks MikeG*

You forgot my server. The APE server.
Best server for ESF there.
SRY :(

APE server also :)

Godz=66.28.200.185:27016
all i know at this time, and i don't c the ape server up :/

Best answers
Sorry, was that double post? Anyways...

No, I agree completely. I had the horrible crystal problem on the only good dedicated server here, but they seem to have fixed it now. Still, Apart from that, there's hardly any servers with decent pings.

And anyone who says a crappy ping DOESN'T make you play worse, is an idiot, and has obviously never tried to play with a crappy ping. Head on's finish before you even get the chance to attempt to press all the keys, almost guarenteeing you will lose. Comboes are almost impossible to do, since keys "seem" to be held longer to the server.

Maybe I'll go back to WON, if there's servers around. Steam is all well and good, but if you can't play, you can't play, for whatever reason.

JCD

Best answers
MikeG said:
thats cause dsl sux, i'm on a cable connection and the server is being hosted in texas, i'm 2 states away and it still shows 30-50, if ur out of this country it most likely will be a different story
Well then it's because I live in Germany :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this is a very wrong assumption. I see 50+ servers everytime I play, and not more than 10-15 of them have "unplayable" ping. I think the problem is a connection issue on your end somewhere. Maybe ESF's netspeed isn't set right, for instance--you'd have to set it in console, and console commands don't permanently save in this version because Joe and the boys neglected to implement it.

As far as playing with the type of lag you guys are describing here...I mean, yeah, the arrows screw up and it's all choppy and keys need to be held or tapped differently...but for me that difference doesn't happen until after something like 190 ping. If you guys **** the bed at 100, I think you need to really consider changing services, or trying to tweak it for yourselves, because that is just not normal.

Best answers
Or maybe, you've never tried to play on a server on the other side of the planet :p

It's because you live in the states. Great for you. I just started up my Steam, and refreshed, I got 18, 16, then 7 servers..

Then 20. One had a ping of 30-50. The other 19 were between 190 and 557.

Best answers
WON should be closed down already, I have no idea why its still open but its f*cking ridiculous the way it divides games, ive heard there are loads of good servers on WON for ESF, but WON is a dodo, the sooner its closed down the better steam can be as hosts will probably switch there servers to steam, so those awesome ESF servers will be available on steam yay and also there will be more ESF players. And im serious when I say EVERYDAY I pretty much play the SAME ppl at ESF cuz there jus isnt enuff suitable places to play.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dredj do not evade the swear filter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dredj said:
WON should be closed down already, I have no idea why its still open but its f*cking ridiculous the way it divides games, ive heard there are loads of good servers on WON for ESF, but WON is a dodo, the sooner its closed down the better steam can be as hosts will probably switch there servers to steam, so those awesome ESF servers will be available on steam yay and also there will be more ESF players. And im serious when I say EVERYDAY I pretty much play the SAME ppl at ESF cuz there jus isnt enuff suitable places to play.
Yep, agree with you there. When i played 1.1 on WON, and no one used steam, you'd never really see the same guy twice for ages, if at all...but now, you see the same guy in virtually every day. They really need to cut won off, and people need to move on. Steam in so much better !! Better graphics, runs smooter, being able to pm people, enter the options screen much easier, automatic updates etc.....
How anyone can still use won over steam is above me o.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom