Kung Fu Panda [2008]

Best answers
Wikipedia Link

IMDB

IMDB said:
Po the Panda is the laziest animals in all of the Valley of Peace, but unwittingly becomes the chosen one when enemies threaten their way of life

This seems like an interesting movie. June 6th 2008. A loooong way to go. I won't doubt Dreamworks' capability, but it does leave room for an upset. Kung Fu + Pandas = ? I ask you.

Best answers
Ugh.

They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel, Dreamworks and Disney Pixar pump out the same soul-less trash every year, with a prettier face-lift.

These movies are more about new rendering systems for fur than a decent script and art direction. (Happy Feet anyone?)

I recently saw a trailer for a movie about a mouse that could cook, that helps a failed chef pull off a scam, along with a romantic comedy between a human girl, and a Bee.

Kill me now.

I miss traditional 2d animation, at least it's pretty to look at.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I miss traditional 2d animation, at least it's pretty to look at.
I ****ing love you for saying that =D

3D is great. I would love to learn it and I plan to if I go to the college I want...

But this cutesy animal-based 3D business is getting old. The rat one looks nice, but Surfs up, Happy Feet, Over the Hedge, Barn Yard animals..GOD!

I know human-like motion on 3D animation is hard, which is why they do animals, but jeez look at FFVII. Fantastic 3D movie using motion capture technology.

I'm tired of animals D:

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All of Pixar's movies I enjoyed, From Toy Story to Cars. (Excluding A bugs life & Monster Inc.)
I haven't watched their latest one but the other movies most of you seem to referring to are from Dreamworks. Imo they suck D:

Best answers
I would have prefered if the movie was made with real life animals and humans. It would have been funnier.
However i have enjoyed many of the 3d animal movies like Shrek, Over the Hedge, Finding Nemo...etc. Most of them made me laugh and im probably going to see this for the sake of laughing too.

Best answers
I would have prefered if the movie was made with real life animals and humans. It would have been funnier.
However i have enjoyed many of the 3d animal movies like Shrek, Over the Hedge, Finding Nemo...etc. Most of them made me laugh and im probably going to see this for the sake of laughing too.
Since when is a film with real-life animals even funny? >_>

Best answers
Well, if they could somehow make the Panda use real Kung-Fu moves it could have been funny. And in my opinion Animal doctor was pretty funny...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All of Pixar's movies I enjoyed, From Toy Story to Cars. (Excluding A bugs life & Monster Inc.)
Kill yahself ;/

----

Damnit, clicked the post button too soon. Anywayz I wish they went back to the old days with Aladdin, Lion King, etc. Now I'd watch another Disney movie if the stories matched the caliber of those movies. Now they just flat out suck, it's the same thing over and over again.

Best answers
Well, in my opinion. 3D animated movies aren't all that bad.. Sure you got crap like the Disney (not Pixar) made stuff (then again, Lion King was the last good movie they ever made). But movies like Toy Story, Shrek (3 was extremely crap though), Finding Nemo, Madagascar, Cars, Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, etc.. are all, one by one, great movies.

Best answers
Well, in my opinion. 3D animated movies aren't all that bad.. Sure you got crap like the Disney (not Pixar) made stuff (then again, Lion King was the last good movie they ever made). But movies like Toy Story, Shrek (3 was extremely crap though), Finding Nemo, Madagascar, Cars, Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, etc.. are all, one by one, great movies.
When Pixar were pioneers, they did produce some great stuff, I'll admit I enjoyed Toy Story, the Incredibles stands out as their best movie, however Finding Nemo in my opinion was a dirty brown sock wrapped up in a pretty paper bag, it looked great, but everything else was so flat I could have swept it under my fridge, I'll never understand why it receives so much praise.

Still, both companies (Dreamworks and Pixar) have been riding the bull**** animal popularity wave for too long and releasing to us re-hashed garbage each and every year (Shrek 3 anyone?)

I think Disney have seriously neglected 2d animation (and IIRC plan to only use 3d animation from now on) compare some of their latest films to classics like Aladdin, visually there is no comparison, something is lost in the 3d animation process, I just don't feel 3d animation can ever convey the same level of beauty as something that is drawn by hand.

Btw Bolteh, Tarzan wasn't bad, but it depends how much Phil Collins you can take.. :p

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Monsters Inc.
Kill yahself ;/
My bad?

But yeah, It seems that Disney has lost their touch, I miss the good old movies like Lion King, Aladdin and such. (Haven't slept in a day or so yet, can't remember any others)
Damn Disney! Create something either with Nostalgia baked in (Lion King 4, Decently made at least) or a new memorable title!
D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this merit conversation? I think not.

Best answers
Does this merit conversation? I think not.
It does, considerably more than your post merits being read, or for that matter, responded to.

@ Fatal_CobraX

I couldnt agree more, they should just keep making Aladdin movies, or actually make a sequel to one of their hits for a theatrical release, rather than just throw some scraps to Disney Tv animation to produce straight to video sequels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom