knock back to wall jump

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
got it from watching the fight with pikkon

when you get hit from any length, as long as your still flying backwards youll still knockback into a wall, and hang there for a second right?

lets say your at half the maximum distance a knockback will allow being hit at the wall, in reality you would probably have time to flip backwards and land with your feet against the wall (well if we could...you know...fly)

so im basically suggestion that at a certain distance from the wall and enough ki you can flip backwards and land with your feet on the wall and instantly jump off, maybe if you hit the jump key at just the right second

but you can do this on the ceiling too which i think would make most of the fights more interesting and with less ceiling-throw-hit-bounce-hit-bounce-hit-bounce spammage

one more idea that just came to me is that when your getting multi-hit you can time it right to automatically jump off whatever object your getting bounced

well out of my really stupid ones i actually dont think this ones half bad, crits?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a nice idea, but I think it would be very hard to code, if it's even possible.

The engine would have to calculate at what trajectory and speed your character is flying, it would have to calculate what angle it would have to turn the model to in order to hit the floor/wall/ceiling properly.. I don't know if the HL1 engine can do this. I'm no expert though, so just because I don't think it's possible means that it isn't, but I've had a lot of experience with playing Half-Life and mods and none of them have had something like that implemented, to my knowledge.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a nice idea, but I think it would be very hard to code, if it's even possible.

The engine would have to calculate at what trajectory and speed your character is flying, it would have to calculate what angle it would have to turn the model to in order to hit the floor/wall/ceiling properly.. I don't know if the HL1 engine can do this. I'm no expert though, so just because I don't think it's possible means that it isn't, but I've had a lot of experience with playing Half-Life and mods and none of them have had something like that implemented, to my knowledge.
im almost positive it can do this or i wouldnt of bothered suggesting it

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this reminds mr of some stuff that happened in the titled episode "gok vs cell" (can't remeber the ep number though")

hear you see goku getting hit

Goku due to the force of the hit is getting sent flyying towards the areana floor

he manages to reduce the speed of his plumit

Hit's arena floor at a reduced speed

The way i am thinknig this idea could sorta work also is when that speed is reduced to a certain amount that and that you continue to plumit at a low speed that you should be able just to push of the wall or just hit it at low speed with reduced damage

or lanuch off it like this in a simlar method if the speed is reduced well enough

I think that's what he is sayying in some form , i don't get the idea completely , i may have just outlined it at current of what is in esf , but hopefully what i have said show's some differnce of what happens curretnly (i am a little tired , so excuse the lack of me directing you towards a better understanding)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It is possible. Heck, you can make a plugin for that. But I won't in next week or two since I'm 1) lazy 2) hurt

But I could make it after that period, sure.

Best answers
In combination with increased knockbacks, this could work.

With the current knockback this would be way too easy and there would be no more point in smacking someone against the wall (except angled, but bleh).

If speed and distance is increased, you'd have a certain limit. If you are close to the wall and hit him, there is no way he is getting the chance to instantly jump off again. But if there is a large enough space, he can, but the space should be that large that it'd take about the same time to get back from a normal "crush". This would mean that even tho you recover, your enemy is not at extra risc because you recover faster than normal (unless he's dumb and still approaches you) because there is a gap between the two. Basically, this would just speed up gameplay in an innocent way. If you want to make it extra juicy, you could use david's thing and have them turn around (face the wall) if they want to jump off instantly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
In combination with increased knockbacks, this could work.

With the current knockback this would be way too easy and there would be no more point in smacking someone against the wall (except angled, but bleh).

If speed and distance is increased, you'd have a certain limit. If you are close to the wall and hit him, there is no way he is getting the chance to instantly jump off again. But if there is a large enough space, he can, but the space should be that large that it'd take about the same time to get back from a normal "crush". This would mean that even tho you recover, your enemy is not at extra risc because you recover faster than normal (unless he's dumb and still approaches you) because there is a gap between the two. Basically, this would just speed up gameplay in an innocent way. If you want to make it extra juicy, you could use david's thing and have them turn around (face the wall) if they want to jump off instantly.
I like that idea. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom