Kingdom Hearts - Phantom

New Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
70
Best answers
0
Just something I whipped up real quick, Ill work on it more later on. Comment how you see fit, Let me know whats wrong with it how to fix it etc.

Version 1


Version 2
 
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 29, 2002
Messages
5,179
Best answers
0
Hmm, the second is a lot better first of all, you can actually see the text. The image just needs to blended more though.

7/10
 
New Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
689
Best answers
0
ya second one is much better but try to make a different bg, maybe a more "smokey" look since the phantom has a small after image on him in the game and also has a lil smoke wondering about under himself around the heart ball
 
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 29, 2002
Messages
5,179
Best answers
0
I think if the BG was considerably brighter... it would look a lot better.
 
New Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
70
Best answers
0
Hwoarang said:
I think if the BG was considerably brighter... it would look a lot better.
How would I go about doing this? I dont see how grunge should be bright when grunge is meant to be dark.

Goten-son said:
ya second one is much better but try to make a different bg, maybe a more "smokey" look since the phantom has a small after image on him in the game and also has a lil smoke wondering about under himself around the heart ball
I have never played this game before so Im just going off the image, Phantom you would think would be dark so there for I put the image in a grunge background.
 
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 29, 2002
Messages
5,179
Best answers
0
GreenArrow said:
How would I go about doing this? I dont see how grunge should be bright when grunge is meant to be dark.
Just copy the entire BG as one layer, overlay it, then gaus blur 3.0
 
New Member
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
4,628
Best answers
0
No2 is good, the first isnt nice at all imo, and yus i agree if the background on the second was brighter it would work a lot better, i like the text and the stock, but the background doesnt really fit....
 
New Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
70
Best answers
0
Hwoarang said:
Just copy the entire BG as one layer, overlay it, then gaus blur 3.0
mmm'kay I guess I did it wrong because it just made it darker.
 
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 29, 2002
Messages
5,179
Best answers
0
There's no way... you had to have done it wrong. Just make sure you flatten the image, then copy it to another blank .psd, unflatten the original BG, then drag the copied version over the original. Then try it.
 
New Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
70
Best answers
0
Hwoarang said:
There's no way... you had to have done it wrong. Just make sure you flatten the image, then copy it to another blank .psd, unflatten the original BG, then drag the copied version over the original. Then try it.
Im totally confused, Im a noob at doing stuff like this that is why most of my work is so dark.

*Update*


Any better?
 

owa

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
1,043
Best answers
0
It is nice, I enjoy it...

Off-topic:

Grunge doesn't have to be dark. It just has to have the grunge elements. Such as choppiness, with a dirty, and an unorganized setup that is strangely organized in a weird way. It has hard to explain, but grunge doesn't equal dark.
 
New Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
70
Best answers
0
owa said:
It is nice, I enjoy it...

Off-topic:

Grunge doesn't have to be dark. It just has to have the grunge elements. Such as choppiness, with a dirty, and an unorganized setup that is strangely organized in a weird way. It has hard to explain, but grunge doesn't equal dark.
Well Im not use to making anything bigger then 400x120 so my grunge work obviously needs to improve on a bigger canvas.

@Hwoarang: I tried to email the .psd to you but it failed and I didnt realize that until I checked my email, Ill try again tommorrow.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top