Kingdom Hearts Indy Art!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
This is a "Work In Progress" so many things could change, I tried to find the kingdom hearts font on dafonts.com but was unable to find it, Dont think they have that font. Anyway, I messed up on a spot of the tech the very top corner is off my a cinimeter but easy to fix.

I will be adding text to the very bottom black part, So I will edit this post with the finished version. I just wanted to get some suggestions, comments, crits from people to know how Im doing so far.

Comment Away! :D

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks pretty cool.

Are those tech brushes? Or is this 100% your work?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those are tech brushes, i have them. And yes, its pretty cool. But! Your sigs are mostly cool.

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
It looks pretty cool.

Are those tech brushes? Or is this 100% your work?
Tech brushes, Other then that 100% my work.

Unknown// said:
Those are tech brushes, i have them. And yes, its pretty cool. But! Your sigs are mostly cool.
Thanks, This is actually my 2nd project other then signatures. I just thought Id give something else a try, I am kind of tired of just creating signatures.

*Update*
Check my first post for the finished version, I added text on the bottom black part and fix that mess up with the tech on the top left corner. Any more comments or suggestion? Come on people, I would like more comments on this before I submit it to deviantart.

Best answers
i got a question for you...
how did you blend the picture in so well ?
did you colour it with Ctrl+U or ... what did you do ?

Retired
Best answers
Pretty Basic Now Really All the fitting..

the picture let alone the kingdom hearts text doesn't even match the trend whore or even the bg...

the picture looks like it doesn't belong for some reason same with text maybe a new pic and text and it will have that feeling..

4/10

Nice JOb on BG

Best answers
it all looks good but nothing maches up as already said. but i like the method of the trend

Best answers
I feel a little cheated that you used the same texture in the BG of your sig and this recent image. I'm also completely against this "techy-type" trend. It makes no sense in the context of what you are doing. Kingdom Hearts was far from a technical game. If you were doing something for Ghost in the Shell, I could see it. You're also using a character that's not normally associated with Kingdom Hearts, so that may cause confusion for some people. Oh, and you don't heed to have text labelling everything. Don't feel you have to put a title on everything. Use one if the the image calls for it, and if you are good at making titles.

Design shouldn't be fully interchangeable. Each work should have character enough of its own that you can't exchange out names and images and obtain the same effect.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel a little cheated that you used the same texture in the BG of your sig and this recent image. I'm also completely against this "techy-type" trend. It makes no sense in the context of what you are doing. Kingdom Hearts was far from a technical game. If you were doing something for Ghost in the Shell, I could see it. You're also using a character that's not normally associated with Kingdom Hearts, so that may cause confusion for some people. Oh, and you don't heed to have text labelling everything. Don't feel you have to put a title on everything. Use one if the the image calls for it, and if you are good at making titles.

Design shouldn't be fully interchangeable. Each work should have character enough of its own that you can't exchange out names and images and obtain the same effect.
Wow Mr.Domino, maybe he used the same style or texture. So what? Its still art. Maybe its a "technique" he uses alot. Everything is good with it. He didn't ask for crits from other arts he made in other threads. Its called "Work in Progress" Meaning, hes working on it. If you're against "Trend Art or Tech Type" Just don't post at all..These things are called "Tutorials", where people create things by help created by other users. Everyone uses a tutorial once in a while to look up new styles, or maybe how to use them.....
That character is associated with Kingdom Hearts. Maybe Google ought to do the trick?

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop with the trend whore bs. Be original.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The black border doesn't match at all...it just ruins it and also those grey and white boxes. The picture doesn't even match the "tech" or the bg. And all you did is change some blending options and change the opacitiy. 3/10

Best answers
owa said:
Stop with the trend whore bs. Be original.
lol Who are you to tell me what I can and cant do, If you dont like tech stuff dont post here, Enough said.

And this is a work in progress so there for I am changing stuff even as we speak so I will post up the new version soon, Thanks for the comments and such its must appreciated.

Retired
Best answers
funny how last night when i read it, the topic said it was the final version nwo that people don't like it it's a work in progress

lmao

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unknown// said:
Wow Mr.Domino, maybe he used the same style or texture. So what? Its still art. Maybe its a "technique" he uses alot. Everything is good with it. He didn't ask for crits from other arts he made in other threads. Its called "Work in Progress" Meaning, hes working on it. If you're against "Trend Art or Tech Type" Just don't post at all..These things are called "Tutorials", where people create things by help created by other users. Everyone uses a tutorial once in a while to look up new styles, or maybe how to use them.....
That character is associated with Kingdom Hearts. Maybe Google ought to do the trick?
Unknown//, you get a warning for spam. You didn't crit the piece at all, the only thing you criticized was Mr. Domino's comment, which was a completely legitimate comment at that.

Warning :warning:

Best answers
Guest0043 said:
funny how last night when i read it, the topic said it was the final version nwo that people don't like it it's a work in progress

lmao
It actually is the final version I do not feel like fixing anything, I think it is good the way it is. Im currently working on something new, Maybe when i finish it I will work on this one but not sure as of yet. Also I could careless if people like it because I like, And thats all the matters. ;)

Best answers
Well you obviously care because you posted in a public forum. In its own thread no less. One would think that, if you didn't, it would just sit on your hard-drive somewhere.

So, if I understand, the "'technique'" he uses a lot is copying previous work(that may not even be his original texture) and pasting it into another work. I'm no expert, but that really sounds a little cheap, perhaps even lazy.

Also, if you carefully read my first post you will notice that nowhere therein did I ever critique other art than what is placed at hand. I said nothing about the quality of his signature. I simply stated that it's the same texture, which it is. I am at odds with the application not the original.

I can very well post where ever I like Unknown, regardless of what you think. In much the same way that you may as well regardless of what I think. I'm fine with that as you should be.

Yes, Cloud appears in Kingdom Hearts. You may have noticed though that he has his own game where he is the main character. How many of the main characters in Kingdom Hearts are Cloud?

I'm curious Green Arrow, why did you have "Kingdom Hearts" in there twice? That's the Killer Instinct font you used the first time, right? That's another inconsistency with the theme. I really can't draw any parrallels between KI and KH.

Best answers
MrDomino said:
Well you obviously care because you posted in a public forum. In its own thread no less. One would think that, if you didn't, it would just sit on your hard-drive somewhere.

So, if I understand, the "'technique'" he uses a lot is copying previous work(that may not even be his original texture) and pasting it into another work. I'm no expert, but that really sounds a little cheap, perhaps even lazy.

Also, if you carefully read my first post you will notice that nowhere therein did I ever critique other art than what is placed at hand. I said nothing about the quality of his signature. I simply stated that it's the same texture, which it is. I am at odds with the application not the original.

I can very well post where ever I like Unknown, regardless of what you think. In much the same way that you may as well regardless of what I think. I'm fine with that as you should be.

Yes, Cloud appears in Kingdom Hearts. You may have noticed though that he has his own game where he is the main character. How many of the main characters in Kingdom Hearts are Cloud?

I'm curious Green Arrow, why did you have "Kingdom Hearts" in there twice? That's the Killer Instinct font you used the first time, right? That's another inconsistency with the theme. I really can't draw any parrallels between KI and KH.
First off I will state that the tech work is done with brushes so there for it isnt a cut and paste job, And there for I show no lazyness in my tech work. That it is the killer instinct text as I belive I said before if you re-read over the post, I used that because I am unable to find a kingdom hearts font. I had kingdom hearts in there twice maybe because I could? mm'kay.

*Edit*
To the mods please close this thread because I belive there will be a flame war here very soon, Not by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom