King Kai's Planet

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I've played a lot of DBZ fighting games and they all have pretty basic square maps. I've always wondered what it would be like to fight on King Kai's small planet.

I'm not very familiar with game design/coding, but would this even be possible or even easy to make a spherical map that works like in the show?

Discord Member
Best answers
you guys still going to implement the map with snake way going to it? that'd still b cool to see, even if u can't workout the gravitational portion of it lol (which would b insane if you could)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeah would be awesome but also a lot of work i think.

Huge snakeway, with a normal world below the clouds.
And king kai's planet as a skybox.

but yeah, i don't wanna know how hard it is to make lol

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Spherical map and gravity controllers yes, it is possible (at least on ioquake3 engine, but not sure how the goldsrc engine is handling the rotations and gravity vectors, but with hacks and lots of magical keywords lines it should be possible), but... not sure how sufficient it would be? Yes it is more accurate, but what for? The implementation of this feature would be pretty much pointless like implementing an ozone layer where players hp would start decreasing just because of height and loss of air. The feature itself is not so hard to, but from my point of view, I see now practical usage for it, plus team has a lot of other, more important, things to take care of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom