Best answers
lol I thought it would be cool to have a map of King Kai's planet, and if you were able to total move around the planet like flying or walking or am I just crazy?

Best answers
I've seen this idea before for other mods, and while i have viewed mixed reactions, i think it would be incredibly awesome, i was thinking maybe a rats kinda version, cuz in the real scale it would be way to small. Thanks for bringing the map idea up, i hope we can a mapper to give us some info onto whether or not it can be done.

Best answers
So a Sphere? that would be intresting to control a beam there.

Best answers
Good idea!

it would be better if you had the other 3 planets in it.(no inkludin Grand Kai's planet) :idea:

Best answers
no comment

beware of all whom is to enter this forum
well yes it would be "cool" though compleatly impossibal and a compleat wast of time. Though it is but too easy to make a sphere with world craft these days it is but impossable to program such a thing as "gravity within a certain circumferance" as in being able to walk upside down as on the other side of the "planet" there would be another charecter walking the correct way or what way would be correct if such a circumstance arose
go to hl rally and check for any up to date information
PHP:
this is where i leave
  • look
  • as i see
  • make
  • as i arize
  • the perceptions
  • of which we be
  • are disturbed
  • by all but me
  • make
  • a mistake
  • i will kill you
  • make
  • but one move
  • and youll be dead

Best answers
This is a good idea but ya it cant be done Im working on a map but you wont be able to go all the way around it its kinda stupid lol but i will make it

Best answers
Ouch shot down...no more wishful thinking on my part anymore lol

Retired
Best answers
lol i think the idea is pretty cool. you guys should at least try to make it :)

Best answers
I think they should make maps way higher so flyin is more realistic maybe it helps making king kai's planet cuz its small

Best answers
You see what happens Night is that when they make really really detailed maps, when you render it (build the map so people can play in it) it takes way to long plus there is a limit to how high people can go, If you want I will try and see how high the map can go but I dunno

Banned
Banned
Best answers
That's one of the limits to the half-life engine.....the map size is limited. Because of that, you'll always hit a glass ceiling of sorts, letting you see the edges of the map.

Best answers
Idiots

Its possible with an entity. Center of gravity, i know someone who is coding this entity but the chance of him actualy finishing it is about 30%. But if there was a really good coder out there he should be able to make a center of gravity point entity........

Best answers
Half-life may have its limits but they are far greater than the maps are doing. I have yet to see a map using the full map size possible which would be gignatic.
To meet a very good mapper go to www.sicklemoon.net and go to the members section then contact 60secs. He is an awsome mapper.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystik, I was thinking the same thing. Just have a big ball of "gravity" in the middle of the planets, and do stuff with clipping, so you don't fall into the planets. I'm saying planets because I like the idea of all of the Kais' planets (minus the Grand Kai).

Noah
GreenTaco

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
im gonna make king kais planet 4 a laugh (without gravity thing cuz i dont know how to do it),can someone put a pic of it up i can only remember it as a road around a planet ta.

Best answers
you can make each object have gravity cant remeber the name for it but its that 1 that push you away from it you would have to fiddle wid it i think minus setttings would do the trick

Best answers
lateley ive heard alot of the brilliant things u can do in the HL maps and all that so i was wondering why dont some of you team up and make an awesome map pack or whatever.
maybe some of you (if u can code also) could make some training courses for esf with their permission.mind you that might be impossible.just a suggestion.

Best answers
building a level like tht wouldn´t be possible and wouldn´t make sense.
1. I cant run on a sphere, the engine will pull u fdown to ground, you would need a magnet point to do that, also his planet is very small, and thetre is not much to do so i guess noone will try to do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom