Not open for further replies.
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
maybe someone can help me :( got 2 problems..

ok.. you see a door and 1 scanner to open the door.

*problem 1. i made 2 doors. 1 must go up. the other down. i can connect them to the button.. but it seems i can make them 1 go up and other go down.. i always got the doors go my way.. or the doors go to the left.. etc.. i cant figure it out.. even i change the angle. doesnt seems to work..

*problem 2. how can i make the police open the doors by using the scanners.. i can use it.. but the cops must do it. not me.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
hmm .. lemme think ... i never made such a door ... the scanner has to be a ... hmm .. button... it triggers a trigger multiple, which triggers the two parts of the door (the one that goes up and the one that goes down) ... any other ideas?
maybe add a delay b4 the door opens..

Bolteh2

B
no trigger stuff, just name the 2 doors same name (like door1 :p) first door goes up, second goes down, that target the button to that name (door1)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
thankz :) i got it.. stupid that i didnt saw the UP and DOWN in the angle selection..

*BUT.. still about the scanner.. a COP need to open the door..

Best answers
okay...first thing, next to the "angle"-circle there is a box, and in this box is written which degree you set!
Now click on the box and a little list will appear with "up" and "down"!
So, now you can set the direction for both doors...I hope I understood it right and youve got a problem with the direction! o_o
it is not so impressive, if you just have to push the button and the door opens...so I suggest to add a sound for the unlocking of the door and a scanning sound, too.
If you want to add these things you will have to use a multi_manager!

*edit*
oh, just seen your last post!
if you want a barney to open the door, just create a monster_barney with the name "barney1", make a scripted_sequence right in front of the scanner and use these settings:

name: sequ1
Target monster: barney1
action animation: retina
Move to position: walk

then you gotta make a trigger_once by creating a block in the hallway and clicking on "tie to entity" and selecting "trigger_once"!
in the "target" box of this trigger_once you have to write the name of the multi_manager!
you have to add the name of the sequence and of the button to the multi_manager! But because it takes time till the barney stands in front of the retina scanner, you have to delay the opening of the door!
ARRRGH...Im afraid, this is much too complicated explained!!!
there are a bunch of things to add to avoid certain bugs.
Ill probably make a little tutoial about that, cuz its much more comlicated to create an impressive retina scanner sequence...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
^_^ i got all the ansers i need :)

*req to close thread.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified