Best answers
Well, i made a Kid Goku and i compiled it to MDL, but when i wanted to play esf, the kid goku's skin had all this weird colors!, does anyone know how to fix this, if i cant fix i wont release the model,if it's fixt...i will release it to day.

thnx for helping me out! :) :yes:

Best answers
ssjrandy said:
Well, i made a Kid Goku and i compiled it to MDL, but when i wanted to play esf, the kid goku's skin had all this weird colors!, does anyone know how to fix this, if i cant fix i wont release the model,if it's fixt...i will release it to day.

thnx for helping me out! :) :yes:
i dont no much about skinning
but my guess is that you used a wrong colorpalette
feel free to corect me cuz i know more about REskinning then i do about skinning itself

Bolteh2

B
well, no, every colorpalatte within 8bit is allowed :x

higher bit textures and hl wont even run, you can even apply 16 bit or 32bit textures to hl models, let stand play with them :p

my guess is that you did something wrong witht the meshes (applied wrong texture to wrong skinmap etc)

Best answers
ok

ok, ´but my skin has 256 colors, but i will check if i can lower the bits!

Best answers
oh,ok, but it gives weird colors at 8 bits but if i do 24 bits i cant compile the model because milkshape crashes.

Bolteh2

B
HAH, ok that explains alot, try saving the skins as 8-bit in photoshop or paint shop pro, and not paint (paints ****s it up because the 8-bit pallete = window color pallete, photoshop etc makes the pallete depending on the colors used in the texture, so that will have the smallest color change ever

Best answers
i see, but i already tried that, but it doesn´t matter, cause i opened the model with half life model vieuwer and re-selected the skin and saved as mdl and it´s normal now, but thnx for helping!! :)

peace...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom