Kickstarter wasn't a option since the start?

Old

Best answers
I think that a lot of you know Kickstarter, if you don't, just type in google (XXI vantages, "everybody know everything")
So if you had a project like that, why didn't you try the kickstarter? Was that an option one day? or you never think about it?

Its just a question, because it could help you alot. And it is an option, even if useless.

Last edited:
Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
It's not possible. Kickstarter or any kind of donating system would be illegal. Answered many times before.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As ramunas said. Any sort of fund raising towards the mod itself is illegal due to the nature of the mod.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not only would it be illegal but I feel like it would defeat the purpose of developing the mod, too. I'm sure the developers would love to have the game come out faster, but paying people to create content is kind of like cheating in my opinion.

Discord Member
Best answers
You can always start a Kick Starter for your company and your company can collect donations for your company. Your company can do what you wish with the money, but no one can say that the donations were for and exclusively for ESF Final. You can say the Kickstarter is raising funds so Developers can breathe and eat, really doesn't matter what you say in there as long as it isn't for ESF: Final ... but your own expenses should be covered by said company. There is always a legal solution to get s*** done

Best answers
I dont agree with you dudes.
First of all: I never posted anything in that forum, But Believe it or not, I have been watching that forum since its existence, And Ive been watching and playing ESF since its started to evolve. you can even check my steam if you dont believe me , It exists since around 2006, Around that time.
My point is: Yeah, Raising funds for the mod would be illegal, Unless someone at valve approves you to officaly develop this game for a commercial usage. This damn forum exists for damn decade, And they probaly noticed your existence long ago. Most people would be like:"A letter to valve wont do a shit"....But did you even try? Thats the real question.So instead of going to school/college/work, Working your asess all day long, Trying to work and learn as fast as possible, So you will have barely 2-3 hours a day to work on this thing, Try to take 15 mins from your time, And actualy try to contact valve. I dont see a reason for them to not accept your idea. They may even fund you themselves, Hell knows. Valve is a realy open-minded cummunity-style company.
After all, You worked on this game for too long to abandon it. Now , at this rate. The game may get done in 15 years from now, And Im not even kidding.
Ive been watching and checking, And collecting as much as possible information on your beutiful work, But srsly, You should srsly try and consider to contact valve about this project. No one is blind in this world you know, And you existed for too long, So someone out there at valve must be watching you guys. Try it out, It cant go wrong at all.Try to contact valve and whoever has the rights for using dbz itself in a game. Try it instead of just working so hard on a game that you may never finish. Youve been doing it for too long, And those next 5 years are the right time to release it. Else, By then no one will want to actualy watch the development of this game anymore or even play it , Cuz alot of games related to anime and also dbz too are getting out to pc, Since the deal between bandai and sony was over.
looking at this bloody work, Valve may even hire you.
And I didnt talk at all about hiring OTHER PEOPLE for this project. I was talking about funding ONLY YOURSELVES, For the sake of sitting 8-9 hours a day on this game, To make it your new work, Literaly.
This way it would never even ruin the purpose of the mod.
You modded this game to hell, No one could have made this engine to look better then you guys. Thats all I have to say.

I wish you luck dudes, Cya.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
You dont seem to understand, they cant make a dime out of this mod because doing so would result in a Cease and desist letter from whoever owns the rights.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We did try. At one point we were even talking to valve about getting our hands on the source code for HL1. Short story is, that it was a no go. Besides even if Valve does apporove us to legaly use HL for a commercial project. DBZ itself is worth millions. And those millions we dont have to buy the licence, and due to laws we cant even start a kickstarter, because it would be for copyright material.

Yes both sides know we exist (Valve and Funimation). And ATM they dont care, because we are A not a threat toi their sales and B not commercial. Change any one of those 2 aspects and well be shut down in an instant.

Also a C&D would be the best thing that could happen if we go commercial. More likely we would get dragged to court in every country where we are from and paying fines for the next couple of decades.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom