Kickass song

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok not really, but I do need help. To be blunt, I need ideas/suggestions.

I'm trying to find a really badass, kickass, dramatic, epic song that would be good "boss" or "Final boss" music material.

I play the PC version of FFXI so that allows me to change all the music files to any song I want using a nice little WAV to BGM device. Been using it for years. However....I don't have many good songs. And anyone here who plays FFXI knows the battle and boss music SUCKS!

It can come from an anime, a movie, a video game, anything. It can have singing or just be music. The singing can be English, Japanese, or gothic chorus style like in One Winged Angel.

However, nothing that sounds like it came from a really old game or something. I want something that would sound like it fits for FFXI music, which is pretty much modern-day game music material.

Note: No "One Winged Angel" suggestions please. I know that song and several of its different forms exist...but its kinda a "sephiroth only" song due to his name being in the lyrics and all...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What about FF7's 'Fighting' and 'Still More Fighting' songs?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nara- E.S. Posthumus

Best answers
Killing in the name of - Rage against the machine

Best answers
Soul Calibur 3's Hour Of Destiny
Also check out some music of Marc A. Pullen. he's got some good songs aswell and I like his work for Cube.
I also liked the song from Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver. It's by Information Society and called Ozar Midrashim 1.1. U need to edit the intro out of it though...
There was also an old snes game called Killer Instinct. It came with a CD full of songs. I thought The Instinct was wicked.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Instinct was so so :p (CD name was "Killer Cuts") But I digress. Maybe something by E Nomine might be good. Or there's also a really kick ass remix of the Phantom of the Opera theme out there. Come to think of it, that might have been done by E Nomine :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Talk to me on AIM, I'll send you this awesome remix of O'fortuna.

But If I cant find you, try some of the O'fortuna songs. They tend to be the awesome :yes:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Lux Aeterna.
A minor change to his suggestion: Get the Lord of the Rings version of the main theme (Requiem for a Dream).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I preferred the Requiem version but that's just me. Get both and see which fits the material better.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess it depends on how long he wants the song to be. I like the lotr version because its a lot longer than the normal version.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mostly play fighting games...

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Gill Theme
Tekken 4 Sdtk. - Authentic Sky
LTJ Bukem - Horizons
LTJ Bukem - Big Bud Drum n Bass
LTJ Bukem - Code of Practice

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Talk to me on AIM, I'll send you this awesome remix of O'fortuna.

But If I cant find you, try some of the O'fortuna songs. They tend to be the awesome :yes:
QFT. I'd completely forgot about that stuff out there. O'fortuna = pwn for boss battles. Randomly, do all of the songs from it exist or are some missing? I mean it's like, what 14th century or earlier?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LTJ Bukem was at Raveology on friday night, Synth
Apocalyptica - Path vol.2
Metallica - Ecstasy of Gold
Stratovarius - Hunting High and Low

yeh these songs are from Ovski's latest video, they sounded good
personally i woulda gone with something more tasteful, but youre all death metal and rock fans on this Forum O_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Conclusion-Ky vs Sol Guilty Gear X

No Mercy Ky vs Sol Guilty Gear X2

They make good for one on ones, but if you want orchestra oriented, I'd say the LOTR version of Requiem for a Dream.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guilty Gear XX - Awe Of She
Guilty Gear XX - Bloodstained Lineage.

Actually, anything from Guilty Gear usually works, mmmmmmmm Guilty Gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom