kiblobs around struggles

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You obviously havent played me, I havent played you, so i didnt make any assumptions about your knowledge of the game. Re- read the last sentance on the first paragraph.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I wouldn't be so sure about the first part of your sentence.

Just because its going be fixed in 1.3 (which suggests it is broken now) still doesn't mean its the players fault.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ki blobs don't exist in the show, there never was a blob that if you stayed inside of it your health starts getting low.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While i agree with Omni about the way pros hit you i have to add that you are less likely to get kiblobed by a pro than by a noob.

A pro would turn on turbo (if it was off by any chance) charge up a genbeam and beamjump away from near you wiht about 70% charged genbeam. That would take more HP than the whole kiblob thing.

But i also agree with David. I like the fact tht kiblobs can stop a guy who is charging a spirit bomb and blow him up with allmost no danger to yourself.

@mf29 yea they did. Gohan did it against Frieza, Frieza against SSJ Goku. Vegeta VS Cell. But you didnt see the blob you saw a smokescreen. But in fact it was a kiblob.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
The only instance where it isnt your fault

Okay, maybe i have played you, i really cant remember.

Kiblobs do exist, watch vegeta vs fat buu (first one that comes to mind) and kiblobs, i'd assume do continuous damage, why wud a blob of exploding firery wrath not hurt if you were inside it, afterall, thats exactly what vegeta's ultimate sacrifice is.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Btw, that "only instance" is the instance that occurs most often. Thats why it's an issue.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like grega says though, pro's dont try to do it that often, they much prefer generic beam because you get more chance to power up and deal a great deal of damage, a kiblob and generic ball takes time to perform. I already said, I think the damage should be toned down, plus i've already stated how i think kiblobs should be changed, if the kiblob is continuously shrinking you'll have to pump it full of quite a few kiblasts if you're far away from them and hope for the generic ball to slpode it. Plus with recovery methods in 1.3 it shouldnt be a problem. Im sorry i cant magically make the game more fair now, but it is my belief that 99% of the time you're caught in a kiblob, it is your fault.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I agree, I think it would be better if ki blasts just exploded. Closer to the show and less annoying.
Yea, it's pretty much a retarded concept to begin with that a beam of light that's supposed to explode makes an explosive-easy-to-detonate barrier around someone in the first place.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Like grega says though, pro's dont try to do it that often, they much prefer generic beam because you get more chance to power up and deal a great deal of damage, a kiblob and generic ball takes time to perform. I already said, I think the damage should be toned down, plus i've already stated how i think kiblobs should be changed, if the kiblob is continuously shrinking you'll have to pump it full of quite a few kiblasts if you're far away from them and hope for the generic ball to slpode it. Plus with recovery methods in 1.3 it shouldnt be a problem. Im sorry i cant magically make the game more fair now, but it is my belief that 99% of the time you're caught in a kiblob, it is your fault.
Pro's don't do it often? I like to consider myself a pro and I do it every possible chance I get. I can get two hits in the air, aiming the second hit so the person hits the ground an an angle so their rollilng, I can then get a third hit and kiblob someone and blow it up with a gen ball. There is nothing the person can do about this and it destroys hp. Maybe people don't like to do in in Europe, but 1 v 1's in europe you're not allowed to use anything other than melee anyway.

So my point is it does massive damage and theres nothing the player can do about it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In a sense, there really isn't need for debate rather which way ki blasts and how ki blobs work in esf/anime. Gohan, while on namek fighting frezia did a fast renzoku attack of ki blasts and then nuked it with a mansakeo as I remember, doesn't get more true to the show then that.

It's up to the player with what he does with ki blasts/ki blobs, there is only enough time (mostly), in pro fights to nuke a ki blob with a generic beam or ball, and as we all kniow ki blasts and generic beams/balls is all we end up using in pro fighting along side basic melee. I also find ki blasts to be useful, for certain situations other then jsut general use (one example is if I am low on ki after some melee attacks and what to use a ki attack and don't have the ki required for a generic beam/ball or are very low on kim I can shoot ki blasts to do my damage and then quickly recharge my ki and continue fighting).
Sub said:
Pro's don't do it often? I like to consider myself a pro and I do it every possible chance I get. I can get two hits in the air, aiming the second hit so the person hits the ground an an angle so their rollilng, I can then get a third hit and kiblob someone and blow it up with a gen ball. There is nothing the person can do about this and it destroys hp. Maybe people don't like to do in in Europe, but 1 v 1's in europe you're not allowed to use anything other than melee anyway.

So my point is it does massive damage and theres nothing the player can do about it.
I agree with most of what you have said there (I never knew Europe player only allow melee in their fights up untill you mentioned it now).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea in europe beams are mostly considerd noskill >.<

Oh well.

I agre that the kiblobs should be changed but i got a question.

In a power/advanced melee struggle you are immortal. So kiblobs cant hurt you. You cant teleport out of it befor it takes 1 HP from you.

If you run out of KI in a PS than just hit the fly button and youll loose 1-3 HPO not more. If you are on the ground in a PS than you tap teh recharge button and jump to loose 3-6 HP. But thats realy the most you loose.

The only aspects that should be changed are the facts that you can be bloben while in a block struggle and the fact that when you are rolling on the ground.

But from this thread we know that there will be a better recovery system in ESF 1.3 so the rolling problem falls out.

The onlything that realy remains than is the block struggle problem. But thats also probably getting fixed.

Best answers
mf29 said:
I personally think ki blobs should be taken out permanatly.
NOO don't take the kiblobs...they rule... THe esf team worked for them to look and act cool...It's your fault(the lamers who use them in that way ) And you just dont give a crap about theyr work..X(X( These guys worked 2 make a game4us and you guys(some of you) want more , more improvement, some criticize very ugly the modelers but the one who criticizes cant do even a finger of a char N()()BS

Best answers
mf29 said:
I personally think ki blobs should be taken out permanatly.
I agree , the kiblobs are the most stupidest thing ever in esf.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think we should take out one of the only variations of ki attacks in the game, just improve them. 99.9% of the time its your own fault if you get caught in one.
One of the reasons I don't play anymore is because if I get hit,

A.) I'm going to be double hit
B.) That is enough on some maps to send me into a wall
C.) Anytime that happens you get blobbed because it's lowest common denominator gameplay and that's all people know how to do anymore

You don't think it's a little stupid that you can blast into a ki blob and kill 6 people without even trying? AND it doesn't even have to be YOUR kiblob?

I think in 1.3 they should either explode, or stay the same but do more stamina damage than anything else. And the explosion should just have a really powerful knockback.

Best answers
I agree as well, ki blobs are abused alot in the current build. Theres not a day that goes by that if im fighting in a room theres that one guy who stays far away from the other fighters throwing ki blasts to the center of the map till it gets as big as possible then firing a big bang or somthing into it to kill everyone in that area.

Also like Sub said you cannot always blame the fact that you getting blobbed on the ground is your fault. Ive done it countless times where im fighting someone high in the air but knowing how to hit someone at the last possible second of the second hit to send them back as far as possible at an angle so that they hit the ground and start rolling.

Although i wouldnt consider myself a pro for most pros stuff like that is childs play. Then once your down you can already tell whats coming either a blob folled by a gen ball or a gen beam jump.

Either way you look at it the blobs are abused simply put and like Ravendust and others have said i also think it would be better if the ki blasts just exploded on impact rather than blobbing up into a big powder puff of pain.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:

Okay, I didnt realise people were still talking about this, and having some very nice selective reading :yes: what part about me saying, "the only instance where its not fair is when you're rolling along the ground" did you all not understand? when i said there would be recovery options for rolling in 1.3, did you all just skip it and think, "oh wait he's trying to tell us how to solve the problem in this part, this is the part we should definately ignore" it wont just be you're gonna have to wait to stop, it'll be hold jump look the the right direction, you'll start to slide, then press jump and you're away again. It'll be down to you. This isnt even mentioning the changes that kiblobs will have in 1.3. There will be changes, that effect the initiation duration and damage of ki blobs. I still stand by the fact that we shouldnt limit ourselves on attacks again, I dunno about all of you but i think explosions, instant shots and discs arent enough variation as it is, a big dust cloud just causes fps/lag issues, a ball that just explodes is just an explosion. For variations sake i'd rather we kept them, because it means we have something varied and different in our arsenal.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Okay, I didnt realise people were still talking about this, and having some very nice selective reading :yes: what part about me saying, "the only instance where its not fair is when you're rolling along the ground" did you all not understand? when i said there would be recovery options for rolling in 1.3, did you all just skip it and think, "oh wait he's trying to tell us how to solve the problem in this part, this is the part we should definately ignore" it wont just be you're gonna have to wait to stop, it'll be hold jump look the the right direction, you'll start to slide, then press jump and you're away again. It'll be down to you. This isnt even mentioning the changes that kiblobs will have in 1.3. There will be changes, that effect the initiation duration and damage of ki blobs. I still stand by the fact that we shouldnt limit ourselves on attacks again, I dunno about all of you but i think explosions, instant shots and discs arent enough variation as it is, a big dust cloud just causes fps/lag issues, a ball that just explodes is just an explosion. For variations sake i'd rather we kept them, because it means we have something varied and different in our arsenal.
i concur with david <3 and they are being tweaked for 1.3 as well

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ki blobs are reapetetive, Aggrivating, And over - used.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And thus they are getting changed. Just like everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom