kiblobs around struggles

Best answers
Alright...here are some things that happen that are, in my opinion, really lame and need changed

1) Around a person blockstruggling, you can surround them in a kiblob...so when the shot gets reflected, it detonates the kiblob and they die.

or...

2) Put a kiblob around someone in a powerstruggle. When they get out of it, they die to the kiblob.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's why most servers have it against the rules. If you break the rules, you get kicked or banned.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed, althought I very rarely see players create a ki blob arounnd someone in a block struggle (It only would become useful if they are up against a wall to ki blob them).

I see people who kiblob people in a ps, however most of the players I see do it don't time it correctly and the blob detonates itself before they can nuke it with a gen ball or other attack.

Unless it's their ki blob, no one get's anything else out of it other then the person that formed it (The kills, the pl gain etc).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally think ki blobs should be taken out permanatly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:O Why?! I wouldn't like that at all :( then we can just so well take ki blasts out too, because that's the only reason they are useful...

I totally disagree with that, sorry man, but those are me babies!

But maybe in 1.3 they can just code it so that you can't get a blob around a person in certain situations

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's good news, though believe it or not, this is the very first time that I've ever heard of this, well the reason actually is because I do'nt like playing against noobs and spammers, so I'm lucky, well thx for telling us pain.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
I personally think ki blobs should be taken out permanatly.
I agree, I think it would be better if ki blasts just exploded. Closer to the show and less annoying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I agree, I think it would be better if ki blasts just exploded. Closer to the show and less annoying.
I would of never guessed anyone agreeing with me, Ravendust i salute you.

Best answers
I can agree too! give me chocolate!
In all seriousness, though it would most crtainly work better with just blasts.. where did those blobs come from anywhere? Second, they look bad :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raistlin_Majere said:
I can agree too! give me chocolate!
In all seriousness, though it would most crtainly work better with just blasts.. where did those blobs come from anywhere? Second, they look bad :S
Ki blobs left lying around also increase the server's lag, and they cause camotion.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do you really want one generic beam fest though?

Kiblobs arent annoying, they're useful, I've said it before and i'll say it again, if you know what you're doing you're hardly ever going to get caught in a ki blob. It depends what you mean by closer too the show, frequently throughout dbz, big glowing balls of exploding energy appear on the ground that slowly grow, and they throw in another ball of energy and it explodes. Imo its kinda hard to decide how you could include that with energy attacks in esf, do you make it so generic ball does it? (because thats pretty much what makes it occur throughout the show) but then look at buu's renzoku, every pink ki blast he fired caused a ki blob. Hence the best way to implement such a different energy effect (i dunno about you guys, but i like variety) is linking them to kiblasts. How I think they should be changed though, is that you cannot create a long lasting ki blob in the air (they'd shrink much faster), and kiblobs should start shrinking the instant you stop firing into them, the more blasts you pump in the slower it'll contract untill it reaches its limit and pops, or somebody pops it with a generic ball.

I dont think we should take out one of the only variations of ki attacks in the game, just improve them. 99.9% of the time its your own fault if you get caught in one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
big glowing balls of exploding energy
I big ball of smoke showing that the ki blasts actually exlpoded.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasnt just talking about select few instances of renzoku use, i was talking about ki attacks in general, if you re read what i said, i mentioned how Ki blobs are most often initialised with generic balls.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Kiblobs arent annoying, they're useful, I've said it before and i'll say it again, if you know what you're doing you're hardly ever going to get caught in a ki blob.

I dont think we should take out one of the only variations of ki attacks in the game, just improve them. 99.9% of the time its your own fault if you get caught in one.
Those two paragraphs bothered me. Unless you're fighting people who don't know what they're doing, you're going to get caught in a barrage of ki blasts or in a ki blob at least once per round. Theres no way around it.

I guess it can be considered "your fault" since you did indeed get hit, but should you really take 30 damage just because you got hit towards the ground once (small ki blob + gen ball)?

While I don't think ki blobs should be removed, I think maybe it should require more ki blasts to create one or decrease the damage a ki blob does. Maybe both.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
It depends what you mean by closer too the show, frequently throughout dbz, big glowing balls of exploding energy appear on the ground that slowly grow, and they throw in another ball of energy and it explodes.
Then surely the kiblob itself shouldn't do any damage, but rather amplify the explosion size/damage of the genball? That would also help with balancing, as it gives players a chance to jump out of the blob before it's detonated.

I'd rather the ki blobs actually explode rather than adobt the 1.1-style 'bubble-splosions'.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imo, its your fault, unless you're 5 meters from the ground and outta nowhere u get slammed into it, and your not holding space. Sorry, but the fact is you shouldnt go near walls or the floor when you're low on ki, if you do you better be trying to walljump or jump and teleport. If you have enough ki you can hold space and you're probably gonna get out of it before its even formed. So due to lack of ki management and inability to recognise dangers, i say its perfectly your fault if you get slammed into something and you cant get up. That is afterall why being immobilisation was implemented, to give you a disadvantage. Scince thats when renzoku was most commonly used in the show, it stands to reason that thats how it should be in the game. The only instance where it isnt your fault is if you're thrown/hit rolling along the floor, however I believe in 1.3 there will be recovery measures in such occasion like skiding instead of rolling.

Thinking about it a bit, i think generic balls creating a kiblob when hit into a map surface could be quite a good idea... then you can add to it with kiblasts if you want to, or splode it with generic beam. I dunno, atm when somebody gets immobilised, kiblasts have just about enough time for you to shoot 3-4 kiblasts to create a ball then shoot of a generic ball for it to explode, it also requires a knowledge of the timing, its not just garenteed. I think its quite deserved most of the time, but i agree the damage should be toned down.

Edit: to ravendust

I dont see how standing in a bubble of intense exploding ki isnt going to hurt you... I mean really, they didnt do it cuz it looked cool :x (at least i dont think so) because they did stay there for a good 10-20 seconds sometimes depending on how much time everyone was saying "omg ive never seen a fight like this, they're so powerful!"

Best answers
...How are you supposed to stop someone kiblobing you while you're in a powerstruggle? Hm?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, you see, thats an exploit, its not there on purpose, you dont think we included the roll combo on purpose too do ya?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Imo, its your fault, unless you're 5 meters from the ground and outta nowhere u get slammed into it, and your not holding space. Sorry, but the fact is you shouldnt go near walls or the floor when you're low on ki, if you do you better be trying to walljump or jump and teleport. If you have enough ki you can hold space and you're probably gonna get out of it before its even formed. So due to lack of ki management and inability to recognise dangers, i say its perfectly your fault if you get slammed into something and you cant get up. That is afterall why being immobilisation was implemented, to give you a disadvantage. Scince thats when renzoku was most commonly used in the show, it stands to reason that thats how it should be in the game. The only instance where it isnt your fault is if you're thrown/hit rolling along the floor, however I believe in 1.3 there will be recovery measures in such occasion like skiding instead of rolling.

Thinking about it a bit, i think generic balls creating a kiblob when hit into a map surface could be quite a good idea... then you can add to it with kiblasts if you want to, or splode it with generic beam. I dunno, atm when somebody gets immobilised, kiblasts have just about enough time for you to shoot 3-4 kiblasts to create a ball then shoot of a generic ball for it to explode, it also requires a knowledge of the timing, its not just garenteed. I think its quite deserved most of the time, but i agree the damage should be toned down.
Judging by your post, you haven't fought too many pros. You see, holding jump does nothing since we don't hit you straight down. We hit you at an angle towards the ground. Mind you this usually isn't done with one hit. If you are slightly above the middle of the map, that is still close enough to the ground to hit you at an angle. As you are rolling on the ground, your opponent will bombard you with ki blasts. They won't shoot where you are, but where you're going. This is called leading. Once a ki blob is formed, a gen ball usually follows. Now, the gen ball doesn't always hit the ki blob all the time since Goku occasionally chooses not to do that 2nd unneccesary roll and actually allows to to tele or swoop away. It has nothing to do with lack of ki management. It has to do with long knockbacks and slow recovery time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom