Ki Management Ideas

Best answers
I know this isn't popular from the start, but I'll explain what I've been thinking recently, and why I believe this is a good idea.

Make ki charge slower
(Teleport and/or swoop), block, and turbo cost slightly less ki
Make (turbo + recharge) gain ki back more quickly

Leaving a lot open for discussion, I simply think this would make less pointless moving around, more coordinated fighting, and less telespamming (I hate you telespammers). It'd also make a larger sacrifice for using a beam attack, while creating more openings to use them with people completely drained on the ground.

I know it's not popular, because people like to teleport all over the place to dodge swoop attacks. That's fine. Maybe make swoop cost the same, or teleport cost less. Those could be adjusted to balance. (Maybe make adjusted directions for swooping not consume extra ki as well).

Afterall, with turbo making recharge faster, people couldn't teleport, recharge, teleport, recharge, etc. You could still teleport several times, and THEN recharge, making an opening for an attack if you aren't thinking ahead.

Also, I think this idea would create more openings to use beam attacks. When people are out of ki, they don't recover as fast, and this is essentially those times in the series where someone unleashes a move. In ESF, you don't see this, and thus people resort to SPAMMING blasts all over the server. Gross.

I'd also be interested in hearing brainstorms for alternate uses on turbo, maybe in how it could affect blocking and basic melee, namely to solve the block/rush problem. Maybe it could also have a use in resisting or speeding up the process of a throw... so it doesn't take a good 10 seconds.

This is a lot to think about, so for the sake of future replies, stick to one or ideas at a time, and build a large argument around it. One reply won't discuss and answer everything, nor will only one post. lol

* I haven't read many forums, so if there are already threads discussing this topic you know of, feel free to link them in a reply.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Clever Disguise said:
(Maybe make adjusted directions for swooping not consume extra ki as well).
I'd do the opposite actually. Right now you can chainswoop for five minutes non-stop and it just makes it really annoying to play against, and that's non-transed. If anything I'd make each chainswoop cost more and more each time, so you can do it a few times but you can't spam it to hell.

Taking that point, I'd do the same to teleports. Each teleport costs more and more ki if it's being used rapidly. So let's say if you teleport once, then again in a one or two second time frame, it would cost you 1+1/3 as much ki to do, and the time after that (1+1/3)+1/3. If that makes sense...

Best answers
I suppose, but considering that ki would recharge slower normally, chain swooping that long in general may leave you open if you didnt connect. The idea is to make it so ki needs to be used more wisely. If a successful attack actually hit from all that chain swooping, unlike it is now, a person might not recover all of their ki back (or the equal proportion), so a person would have to be, if only a little, more cautious with how much they used for just that one hit. In the long run, it could really hurt them. A wasteful person could easily be hammered down by a skillful player, which is what I think made experienced fighters such as Goku and Vegeta better than say Gohan (or especially Gotenks lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom