KI is PL and Health ! ? (Hyper Dimension RIP OFF =) )

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno if it was posted before, and i dunno hiw to search for that idea.

Well some of oyu might know for SNES Hyper Dimension (DBZ GAME)
YOu didnt had Health points or PL Bar. You just had an Nr. from 0-999 or something like that.

Well now there could be an Mode similiar to that in ESF.

Loose the Health Bar in that Mode, Tweak the KIBAR for more Fun (Less KI Usage) and then lets fight. KI BAR goes for Health and KI (maybe PL too ?)
Fights could go forever with that Mode cause you only needed to swoop away and recharge you Health and KI.

Hope you get what i mean. Maybe someone canexplain it better when none understood it.
I think thta Mode is also in DBZ: Budokai 2 in Babidis Space Ship.
Its where youre KI and Health are one Bar but for 2 things.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea i thought of it but for that youd nead to loose the ki cost for swoop and fly. Lower the cost for turbo and get lots more ki. Ofcourst recharge would work about as fast as Buss regeneration so you dont actualy get battles that take forever. Beams should use a bit less ki but not a big difrence to prevent beamspams ^^.

But the PL should be a difrent number it isnt good that if you loose ki you also get weaker ^^

Anyhow me likes

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe. How about this. why not just have the life bar become the ki bar? Itll teach you all about conservation and keeping distance from other players.
1) lose life by getting hit
2) lose life by attacking
3) lose life by mobility " swooping "
lol. A bit depressing if you ask me :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well imagine this KI is the energy that lets you live so if you run out you die.

So if you fly you waste it, but the cost should be tuned down same for swooping.

There is still a recharge it just dosent go as fast as now.

Positive sides:
Youd have to wach your KI or youd get killed
gets rid of beamspammers ^^

Negative sides:
You constantly loose it

Here is a little idea of mine to balance out the negative side.

You still have a health bar. The more health you have the faster your ki regenerates.

If you run out of health you die and if you run out of KI you die to.

If you get punched you loose health and only health.
If you get hit by a beam you loose KI for haveing to put up a kishiled (or something like taht) to protect you from hurting your bodey.

The only problem comes with PS and BS but im shure ill think of something on that mather aswell ^^

So Darktooth do you think that could work?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh try to figure that out ^-^

But i forgott about the PS and BS ,:/
Maybe they wouldnt need KI/Live or atleast not so much like right now.
OR the PS could use the PL so you can use your PL(the number) like KI only that the PL number is slowly decreasing. BUT that would mean that an new player would loose if he gonna try to PS an longer playing peep.

Best answers
Health and energy are seperate things, just because we're tired doesn't mean we are dying. I'd say that ki will hold back life damage until you have very little or none. I always see the ki/energy like some sort of shield that gets damaged and loses it's efficiency with every blow until it's as good as useless. PL would determine the strength of both attacks and defense (and maybe the % of ki used).

So you could have two bars, but HP won't be affected until you lose all ki (or have only little left). Winning, however, would be a bit easy then if you get the upperhand, unless you could recharge your ki rather fast. I'm sure this would have some pretty long fights if ki consumption is low but recharging is moderatly fast. The question then is, would ki be rechargable at all times or just when you're low/out (which would make sense), but how come you can recharge then all of a sudden?

I always thought about having ki as the shield I mentioned, but wave/ball/laser/etc attacks would also cost ki (meaning that if you fire 3 kame's you're pretty much done for, unless you kill the other player) but this would be more suitable for duels or cw's (by implenting rounds? = tournament mode??). In publics it could work by either getting the senzus (giving them actual purpose) or by recharging ki for the damage you do to others (but wouldn't that provoke beamspamming again?).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry, but I think this is a very bad idea.

Ki and Health should remain as they are now, although I do kind of like Carnage's idea of having Ki work as a sort of shield, and that you lose more life if you have less Ki left. That's how it works in the show too. You don't see Goku getting whooped when he's all pumped with Ki and ready to go. He usually gets a beating when he's worn out.

Best answers
It doesn't need to be standard gameplay, it could be a mode or a cvar (Serverside). But on the other hand, nothing wrong is wrong with the current system.... so

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeh an extar gamemode that was what i meant ^-^
Not replace the current one :p

Its not nescessary but still it owuldnt be an nice fun mode :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom