KI/Energy Sensing

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I just thought about that...
IN Budokai 3 i think there is energy sensing in the early stages when you fly over the world...

Well... i thought about why cant this be included. Should be possible when there is stuff similiar possibly like bloom for esf.

With an extra Button the Sensing can be activated and you can see Energy Swirling colors around the field your Enemy or friend emits. Like Friendly Color is yellow (ex) and Enemy color is red (ex).Also it maybe can be determine your PL ? The stronger the KI is the bigger the radiation like the yellow field in the pic and the weaker the smaller the radiation.
And your view gets a little dark so you can "concentrate" on the KIs

I also made an little Photoshop pic with an preview pic so you can understand a little what i mean.

Im somehow fond of this idea :)

Last edited:
Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont see it as such a bad thing, a good alternative mode to the scouter, and it would be fitting for most of the classes. I like it but i feel reserved about it working in gameplay - is it a short timed interval of sensory mode, or whether a button is down. What about a brief radar appearing as well. I think classes should be restricted to being sense or scouter mode. But I think good scouter players will just have to much of an advantage. Im perplexed on this one.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's pretty cool, but I'm not sure how useful it will be in a fast-paced game like ESF.

That said, I personally sometimes have trouble pinpointing enemies on a map. This would help me find them.

The Brain Freezer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I would prefer a secondary auto aim pointer, so you would have your normal pointer and if you what to find an enemy you just look around until you see a pointer above him. and so when you gather the 2 pointers together the enemy's status information will appear like usually.

A colour cloud would almost hide the enemy if he was at long distance.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I picture it working kind of like Jedi Academy, but with a radar appearing, while a button is held, then both effects turning off, with no radar at all, when the key is released.
If you are an android/ginyu etc you simply have scoutermode on/off. Scouter users have eyesight and constant radar, whilst sensors have eyesight and momentary radar/xray vision. I question the balance.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
What i meant is that its just an alternate view where energy clouds are emitted form the People like radiation. Also it COULD burn up a little KI or Stamina if its somehow required.

And its not made to pinpoint exactly down where the enemy is, just to somehow "see" where they are.
Maybe it could also radiate weak thru solid objects or walls but dunno there.

Its just some alternate spiffy made version of the scouter :)

And for Cybord/Alien Races it could be made with an full screen scouter image over the screen with Lines pointing to them. Il photoshop later.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i like the idea but it would require a counter so as to put off the stalker you seem to get in every server.

or those *******s that always carry a grudge.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...
Why cant the Human/Saiyans/Aliens surpress their radiation and have weaker BeamDetonation in Hurting terms.

And Cyborgs cant be sensed anyway :)

So basicly

Bloodchars can be sensed and they can hide theire Energyforce but have in the end result weaker KI attacks.

Cyborgs cannot be detected by senseing but they have an Full screen scouter image where shows them the info where other peoples are, like sensing.

Thats a crappy Scouter/scanner thinggy for Cyborgs or nonhumanoid chars where cant sense blabla...bla ^^

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
normally i'd say no to this idea

but i like the way it looks in those pictures. i'd have to go for this one.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
interesting idea ... the first picture looks pretty cool
It shouldnt be a second "view mode" though .. more like a thing you can do like charged turbo for instance .. stand still, concentrate a second and you get that image showing you where everybody is (no names)

Best answers
i think this system should show the name of the player because in the show the fighters can distinguish who is who just sensing the ki!

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's a good idea! Nice one :)

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I have an idea for how this might work.

If a player doesn't move his mouse (his viewpoint) for about three second, the screen darkens a little bit, but players will glow as illustrated by the pictures.

I think this could work really well if it was implemented like that.

This way, people can't spam it too much (they have to keep their view still, so they can't really fight that way) but it's still very useful.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea. Not that this is a problem, but I don't think it would be particularly useful as ESF maps typically aren't very large, allowing you to see from one end of the map to the other. It doesn't hurt the game in any way, so I'm all for it, though.

Best answers
yes, its possible to see the player when hes far away, but its very hard. you know.

anyway, is it possible to 'see' people when the player is behind a wall?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You generally either see the red/green diamond, or you can see them on the radar. So typically, yes, you can, unless you're all the way in one corner and the other person is all the way in the other corner, and both of you are standing still to find out where the other person is instead of beam jumping around the map.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i think it'll add a certain feel ESF has been lacking. besides, i dont have the best vision in the world. this'll help more than you know.

especially if your in game. a tool to stalk you with can only help the game along.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
As I said, I like the idea. I don't agree that we need tools for *******s to stalk other people with, though. There's nothing more annoying than having Jinx or Drew break up an awesome duel because they're going after you and only you.

Which is why I'll make a Zeonix and Sub collaboration thread today regarding an on the fly duel mode resembling that of jka. The idea this thread proposes sounds like something the team might add, so I'll throw in a part of how the two would work in conjunction with each other.

Obligatory "It's so hard, bro!" initiated:

It's so hard, bro.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom