KI energy mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
it would be really awesome if you could make a option for Ki Energy....right now u dont got enough energy to charge a complete final flash......

it would be cool if u could make a option for:
normal ki(ki among stays as it is)
Mega ki (3 times as much ki) so you can do a strong beam even charged up flying without dropping out of ssj after that...

also the fights could get a bit intensiver....

i am not suggesting to change it at all.....it would be just really awesome if u could add a option for it! so i can shoot a final flash or a kamehamehaa and still run from a enemy....not like now....and even if u change something...
balance it some more.....pls think about adding something like this!

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That is balance. The Final Flash is an instakill attack if you hit. Its your gamble to take if you charge it. That asside i dont know what game you are playing but in 1.2.3 when you are done with a final flash (if you have turbo deactivated) you are left with about 1/5 of your KI, to do with as you please.

Bottom line, we will not be making KI management any easier. Quite the opposite. Itll be harder with each new form you get.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I do think that the teleporting feature took way too much ki considering how much they were using it in the series. I think after a certain PL or at a certain level like SSJ2 or something the Ki consumption for teleporting should be about as minimal as flying, cos essentially that's what it is, high speed movement, like running with boost on, but faster lol.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a game. Teleport spam could be an issue to gameplay. Hence the high KI cost for the move.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Why not create a new variable like 'fatigue' and make it work with the after image technique only, ofcourse the technique itself can still cost abit of KI but that way you can limit it and prevent spamming? I don't see why this won't work :D

There's also a connection with 'fatigue' and high speed :D.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not create a new variable like 'fatigue' and make it work with the after image technique only, ofcourse the technique itself can still cost abit of KI but that way you can limit it and prevent spamming?
You mean stamina?

I agree with Grega about the Ki pool. If you're firing off powerful attacks, it should deplete it pretty heavily. Otherwise you could just fire them constantly.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I agree with Grega about the Ki pool. If you're firing off powerful attacks, it should deplete it pretty heavily. Otherwise you could just fire them constantly.
Well they still need charging you know... and that takes a while sometimes. Im thinking there should be an option for people who wanna play more on the fun side rather than competitive and have like an Infinite amount of Ki/Stamina or something.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well they still need charging you know... and that takes a while sometimes. Im thinking there should be an option for people who wanna play more on the fun side rather than competitive and have like an Infinite amount of Ki/Stamina or something.
If the fans want to mes round with AMXX, then so be it. But we will not be putting in game breaking stuff like that.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Isnt it easy to add like a tickbox on the server settings when you make it? You know the page where you get to choose player limits, friendly fire and stuff like that that define the game you create.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It is, but it would still break the gameplay.

Think about it. You have 2 people of equal PL. One shoots a KHH and the other a generic beam. Because the KI drain for the KHH is so much bigger that players PL would drop to the point where the generic beam would easily overpower it. And yes i know that can already happen in 1.2 because the beams are not really balanced, but we actually fixed that in the inteam.

Best answers
i get you point....really i do....but cant u add something that shows on what a server u gonna connect?
so you could still make that tickbox.....so some can play a bit more spamming and the other ones can play as they desire with the normal values....

if u add some message on server entering like: warning high ki server!
i think everyone would be happy then....tournament server or other ones could still run on the normal ki

we all dont wanna ruin gameplay....more than three times as much ki should not be possible.....to prevent ki spamming what about u think about cooldown? make that the stamina goes down.....and that u only can charge such a beam when u got atleast half stamina....something like that....if u add cooldown nobody would get spammed....but this way or another.....with a option to add it a lot wanna still play vanilla mod....and the ones who wanna feal madness can feel madness...

pls think about it....if u make it a tickbox....then everyone can decide how he likes it...and with a extra of cooldown its even more fair...!
people still can decide which server they join so there wont be any unfairness or something

a lot would love that if it would be added^^ wont you be loved aswell?^^
ok just kidding.....but pls add it....or did u see goku and his friends charging the whole time after some swoops? or attacks...pls add a tickbox....for the ones who want it.

Last edited:
Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
It is, but it would still break the gameplay.

Think about it. You have 2 people of equal PL. One shoots a KHH and the other a generic beam. Because the KI drain for the KHH is so much bigger that players PL would drop to the point where the generic beam would easily overpower it. And yes i know that can already happen in 1.2 because the beams are not really balanced, but we actually fixed that in the inteam.
I understand where u coming from but obviously everybody will join the server that suits their gameplay best right? Is someone is just lookin for fun instead of tactics I reckon having Infinite Ki and Stamina is very viable. Think about it, never having to charge again and just being able to use all the powers you have with no restrictions. Like a Power Fantasy game mode. Makes me drool just thinking about it haha. I think its OK if everybody will have the same privileges on the same server.

Alternatively have a "Realism Mode" where everything has heavily reduced Ki/Stamina Consumption so battles take a long time to finish and stuff like in the show instead of being worried about inbalanced gameplay.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I understand where u coming from but obviously everybody will join the server that suits their gameplay best right? Is someone is just lookin for fun instead of tactics I reckon having Infinite Ki and Stamina is very viable. Think about it, never having to charge again and just being able to use all the powers you have with no restrictions. Like a Power Fantasy game mode. Makes me drool just thinking about it haha. I think its OK if everybody will have the same privileges on the same server.
And have the person who was first in the server dominate everyone else with beams because he has the highest PL, no restrictions and is spamming teleport + KHH with Goku as SSJ3, while the others dont get a hit in and its impossible for them to even get the first trans down.

Alternatively have a "Realism Mode" where everything has heavily reduced Ki/Stamina Consumption so battles take a long time to finish and stuff like in the show instead of being worried about inbalanced gameplay.

Trust me when i say that fights will be long in the final. 700 HP doesnt go out so easily.

Best answers
because of the beamspamming just add a cooldown ok? never saw goku making 2 kamehamehas behind each other.....
and for real....most that i know play with friends and not on a public server....and also........if u make it a tickbox....and add maybe a waring when entering the server then it will be fine......who cant deal with that just doesnt go on a server with much ki....ki spamming can already be made with high pl without any change.....

so add cooldown.....it prevents ki spamming and add tickbox with warning.....a lot would like that when they play with their friends....so pls
i even give u cookie!

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I love how the guy without Steam/legal Half-Life is talking to Grega and the developers as if they were his pets. That is adorable.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
because of the beamspamming just add a cooldown ok? never saw goku making 2 kamehamehas behind each other.....
and for real....most that i know play with friends and not on a public server....and also........if u make it a tickbox....and add maybe a waring when entering the server then it will be fine......who cant deal with that just doesnt go on a server with much ki....ki spamming can already be made with high pl without any change.....
If cooldown's going to restrict the time between having beams fired, why not just stick with the ki cost? If powerful attacks were cheap to use, you could just fire one, then go in with melee. You wouldn't have to worry about managing your ki at all and could fire another big attack as soon as cooldown's done.

Ki maintenance is actually a pretty important part of ESF. If you waste your energy, you'll leave yourself open on the recharge. A situation I found myself in when playing 1.2.3.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ki maintenance is actually a pretty important part of ESF. If you waste your energy, you'll leave yourself open on the recharge. A situation I found myself in when playing 1.2.3.
Awwwh. You paid attention when I taught you things!

Best answers
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............what are you??? o:O they are normal human beeings!

and i am not crawling into there asses like u.......i dont mean that they arent doing nice work....but still.........you handle them like gods o:O get urself a life boy!
(pls spare me with comments that they are gods or i call CHUCK NORRIS)

and btw i got legal half life just because i dont feel like validating it doesnt mean i dont got it and man...........u sure become a manager.....(dont ask why ok?)

cooldown just prevents the beam spamming....my desire is to have longer fights without the need to recharge the whole time got that?
i know i cant force them to do it....just wanna lay down my statements and hope for the best

tickbox aint much work and makes the ones happy that feel like me.....and who doesnt like it just turns it off.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
As I mentioned earlier, the problem with cooldown on certain attacks is that you're free to use another one at no penalty - which removes part of the risk/reward. I understand where you're coming from, but it wasn't terribly successful in EVM.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............what are you??? o:O they are normal human beeings!

and i am not crawling into there asses like u.......i dont mean that they arent doing nice work....but still.........you handle them like gods o:O get urself a life boy!
(pls spare me with comments that they are gods or i call CHUCK NORRIS)

and btw i got legal half life just because i dont feel like validating it doesnt mean i dont got it and man...........u sure become a manager.....(dont ask why ok?)

cooldown just prevents the beam spamming....my desire is to have longer fights without the need to recharge the whole time got that?
i know i cant force them to do it....just wanna lay down my statements and hope for the best

tickbox aint much work and makes the ones happy that feel like me.....and who doesnt like it just turns it off.
We decided not to do cool downs at all. Its unnatural. Imagine Goku going "Can you wait 15 more seconds with that beam so my cool down runs out and then i can actually struggle it"

And its more than a simple box that you check or un-check. We would have to recreate game play to suit the different system and re-balance the entire game, cause we don't plan on doing half arsed stuff.

We decided to give the player as much freedom as possible while keeping the game fast. That means no lock-on, no cool down or anything like that. But because of this there needs to be a management element. Which is KI that's preventing you from doing the "Run until the other guy gets tired and then attack again" tactic and Stamina that prevents stuff like teleport spam, and so on. To make fights last longer we increased the HP of characters more than 7 times that of 1.2.3, and because the speed is as high as in 1.1 it'll result in long drawn out fights.

Now to restate what i said.

If the fans want to do it with AMXX, they are free to do so. We will not be making game play changes as drastic as that. We take suggestions made by the public in and discuss them, but we will not be doing anything that alters the game in such a drastic way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom