Ki Energy and Melee Improvements

Best answers
The first thing I dont like regarding this is that Ki Energy goes out all too fast. I know you can recharge it that fast too but still.

What If every attack/swoop/etc would cost alot alot alot less?

Like a full energy bar would hold out for like 3-4 minutes before running out/ (energy beams not included) . Recharging would also be remade like it takes 30-50 secs to fully recharge your ki.

Also either make HP s alot higher, or reduce damage alot in such a manner that fights would be alot longer?

Also 1 thing we ' ve seen in DBZ since the namek saga is the powerup system.

In the open beta the power up system is implemented like: Your at 100% at your power and you go over that. What if you could actually increase and decrease your power whenever you please? Like your maximum power is 1 milion. You can decrease it to how much you want. Then you can increase it via a powerup aura back to its maximum.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A big part of the game is ki management, for example: Outmaneuvering someone attempting to get a hit, he runs out of ki before you, you swoop in for the kill. I think removing that aspect of ESF would make the game a lot easier, but also less fun. You have roughly double the ki when SSJ and personally, I hate fighting SSJ because of it.

As for the HP, in the next release HP will be a lot higher. Each character will have around 700 HP. Although the attacks will all do more damage so I guess it balances out.

Best answers
Theres no point in increasing the HP if the damage will also be increased..... it just shows higher numbers nothing else..

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a point to it since you can have a greater difference in the damage rather than 1-100, the damage won't be increased by he same ratio, but the old damage figures make fights last for 5 - 10 minutes for good players, which is not fun on a crowded server.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Is there a thread which describe the all new features in detail?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really. Since most of the features are not fully finished yet.

For now we have a stamina bar that we use to limit teleport spam and use for some other things, but its not really finished yet.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Ki doesn't run out if you manage it well, if you watch good players play it's almost as if they never run out of ki. It just takes practice.

Having too much HP can get annoying sometimes. I remember playing in open beta, I would be killing someone for a good 5 minutes then at the end he would escape and someone else would get the kill. It would constantly happen.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Ki doesn't run out if you manage it well, if you watch good players play it's almost as if they never run out of ki. It just takes practice.

Having too much HP can get annoying sometimes. I remember playing in open beta, I would be killing someone for a good 5 minutes then at the end he would escape and someone else would get the kill. It would constantly happen.
Than parhaps it would be wise to change experiance gain to hits according to their status (if it's a beam, you get more points, if it's a melee hit, you get less points) instead gaining experiance when you kill someone. I'm not trying to exactly secure the suggestion of ESFPro, but even if things stay according to how they are, people can still steal kills and gain your rightous experiance.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF has no experience. It has a Power level and that raises based on 2 things:

1.) How strong the oponent is compared to you (if hes stronger you gain more PL and if hes weaker you gain less PL)
2.) how much damage you do

Kills have nothing to do with it other than the scoreboard.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that does happen, but you must also see the death guy point of view, he would be frustrated if you killed him 5 times in a row. I think the large ammount of HP that the team as implemented is to avoid that to happen.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Than parhaps it would be wise to change experiance gain to hits according to their status (if it's a beam, you get more points, if it's a melee hit, you get less points) instead gaining experiance when you kill someone. I'm not trying to exactly secure the suggestion of ESFPro, but even if things stay according to how they are, people can still steal kills and gain your rightous experiance.
Yes but stealing kills doesn't really matter in 1.2. A fight in public lasts about a minute or less. If someone took your kill, just move on to another guy, not much time is wasted. In Open Beta you would have to literally work on a guy for a good 5 minutes, if they were a decent player even longer. Then if someone took the kill at the end, all that time was wasted if you're trying to go for a good Kill : Death ratio.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that does happen, but you must also see the death guy point of view, he would be frustrated if you killed him 5 times in a row. I think the large ammount of HP that the team as implemented is to avoid that to happen.
That is so not true. We made HP bigger for more precise calculations. We just didnt increase the damage yet. But worry not that will still folow. In the end itll be similar to 1.2 in % just that the numbers are bigger ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom