Ki Damage In Powerstruggles

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know that episode of DBZ where SSJ2 Gohan kills Cell? Episode 176? Well when Gohan and Cell are 'struggling the rest of the (live) Z fighters got behind Cell and started attacking him, then Vegeta fired a Big Bang (or a Final Flash Ball, it was gold) and Cell looked up 'distracted', then Gohan pushed when Cell's concentration broke for a second and won the struggle. I was wondering maybe if it could be included in ESF too.

If someone attacks you while you're powerstruggling, instead of losing health (it's cheap seeing as you're stationary for so long) you lose KI and your place on the powerstruggle meter falls a bit depending on the strength of the attack. So if you were hit by a heavy enough attack then you'd lose the struggle and die anyway (or at least take some heavy damage) but it encourages teamwork.

Best answers
It wouldn't be balanced. Especially if you are 1 on 2 with someone. You power struggle with ONE PERSON, your dead meet. There is no way you can win that one person with another person keep shooting at you.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea but the ki drainage should be low. If the beam isn't strong enough to join into the struggle than it shouldn't do any damage/drain any ki. In that episode Krillin, Yamcha, Tien and Piccolo all tried to hit Cell but were unable to inflict any damage. Vegeta was the only one.

Best answers
Okay like I said. 3 Person wants to play esf. They all started a server.
Team 1- Goku 750,000PL
Team 2- Vegeta 1,000,000PL and Buu 1,250,000PL

Goku fires kamehameha wave at vegeta. Vegeta fires galic gun. They are in a power struggle. Buu standing behind Goku keeps firing mouth blast continuously. Like I say, this idea will suck unless like Goku's PL is 3,000,000 or higher. Otherwise there is NO WAY he can win.

*In that episode yamcha, krillin, tien and piccolo was unable to do any damage, but they distracted Cell's powerstruggle with Gohan. If it wasn't for them to distract cell with the beam, Gohan would had been dead. Remember when Vegeta see them going on shooting cell from the back one by one and they just keeps coming back, Vegeta said, could that really work?*

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok it wouldn't be fair in a 2v1 situation but who uses PS in 2v1? The person in team 1 would be using melee and weak generic beams/balls, ki balls to take on the other people. The person wouldn't have time to fully charge a KHH and start a PS unless they were chatting and decided to PS. Otherwise it wouldn't occur.

Piccolo, Yamcha, Krillin and Tien did nothing to Cell. Cell merely put on his aura and it sent those 4 flying. The only thing you might say they did, is inspire Vegeta to aid Gohan. Which ultimately led to the destruction of Cell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Team 1- Goku 750,000PL
Team 2- Vegeta 1,000,000PL and Buu 1,250,000PL
Vegeta's starting PL is 700,000, and it's more likley it would be him and Goku vs Buu. Not to mention it's rare to find games that only allow an odd number of people, surely a bot would balance the teams.

Best answers
I really like the idea :)
It will really make the power strugle a real team fight, when people can help eachother in tons of way.
GJ ;)

Best answers
Well when I'm in a power struggle and people start shooting me for some reason (y do they do that?) It's usally too bright for me to see where the ps is going, so I guess that it disrupts the person's concentration already if you pelt them with numerous ki attacks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They do it because they know you can't move or defend yourself, so it's easy kills for them ;( That's why if the damage came out of your ki instead they wouldn't be able to do that.

I don't think the PS *should* go anywhere, it should work like a reverse tug-of-war, I think that's being implemented in v1.3.

Also, by 'lose concentration' I didn't mean the player himself (i.e you) loses concentration, you don't really need concentration, just power, ki, the aura and to hold the left mouse button down. I meant that the player in the game (i.e Buu) loses concentration (and ki) and so his place on the PS meter slides down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom