Ki Blob: Dressed to suppress

Best answers
In 1.3, I think Ki Blob attacks, not the bubble mind you, should only do stamina damage for the purpose of keeping a "no stamina" player downed longer. You could fly backwards and create distance to buy yourself some time to charge an attack.

I think it'd be complicated, yet possible, to make this work correctly.

Complications would include more than one person firing the Ki Blob attack against any downed opponent at any stamina level. It could be used to keep someone pinned down forever if there were no limits. Regular swooping may be more effective at creating distance over time in relation to stamina levels.

There might be ways to get around this though.

Imo, if Ki Blob attacks consumed something other than Ki, like stamina, it may be possible, since Ki is easily replenished.

So... what do you think?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please no. Ki blobs were the only thing that made me stop playin 1.2.3 so much.

Best answers
Well it wouldn't be like the blob that you can blow up. It would just be the Ki Shots that create the blob... better word anyone?

In this case, they could have a lingering explosive sprite.

Best answers
I know in the series they were used before a major Ki attack. I think that's why they were added into 1.2.3, so that you could create an explosion afterwards from it. An incomplete idea, but the theme was there.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They were added in 1.0 and thats not their primary purpouse.

They blow up uppon beeing hit. So if someone is charging a beam. Make a bloob round him. When he shoots itll blow up dealing masive damage.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im not to fond of the idea. Especially since all splash damage is allready partly converted to stamina. But who knows ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom