Ki blasts

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Couldn't find/search for any suggestion about this so I thought I'd bring this up.

I'm not entirely sure about the ki blasts that will be implemented in 1.3, but if this isn't already in then I think we should have a charging ki blast which takes about 1 second to charge that's performable with the right mouse button and is not controllable. It would fire off 1 ki blast but stronger than a regular ki blast. Left mouse button would be a rapid fire instead of just a single shot of ki. In 1.2 we had a single ki shot which was extremely accurate but had a slow rate of fire. I just want to improve on this and replace that single shot with a charging shot.

One is more accurate than the other, but they're both good for certain situations such as long range (which a charged ki blast would be more useful) and the rapid fire would be great if your enemy was close to you or on the ground from recovering.

When I used to play, ki blasts and melee were used as the most frequent moves.

We could use the generic beam ball and use that at minimal charge, but that has an extremely low splash damage range.

Of course, why would you use a generic beam attack when you could use a kamehameha? Well, it's just faster to preform. I think the ki blast charge would just be a lot more flexible and easier to pull off than rapidly firing off generic beams. The charging ki blasts would substitute for a minimum generic beam ball attack so we don't have to switch back and forth.

I've re-watched a few episodes of DBZ and I always noticed how they charge up and then shoot a ki blast as a standard attack which is where I got my idea from.

Some yays or nays about the suggestion would be great.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Imagine the current ki blast we have now that is used with the left mouse button. We fire off 1 single ki blast that travels at a slow rate, but it's very accurate.

What I'm saying is, make this chargeable. If it's charged, it'll be slightly stronger, shoot at a slightly faster rate and have a slightly bigger splash radius. I don't think it should be controllable because the generic beams already have that purpose.

And I was just doing some comparison with the generic beam attack with the ki blast attacks. Nothing too important to worry about.

Best answers
Oh see I had a misunderstanding. I thought you meant generic balls and generic blasts instead of ki blasts. That makes a lot more sense now. I'll take another look.

Wouldn't a charged ki blast be the same as a gen ball? I mean aside from visuals, what would the difference be? Do you mean not controllable now in a sense where the targeting system wouldn't auto-aim it?

I believe that attacks only have differences in them on how they damage HP. I don't think there are any plans on how attacks will individually hurt Stamina, so I'm not sure that this would be useful.

Why would a person use a charged Ki Blast over a Generic Ball? Both are balls, correct?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
why dont u make a ki ball that would track ppl, like a ki that follows until it hits someone

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate the attack switching system in Open Beta: Final. It's so confusing, I hope the team will make something less confusing.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The thing about the generic ball is that at minimum charge, it doesn't have a big splash damage radius to begin with and does about the same damage as a regular ki blast currently. Actually, it doesn't deal any damage if the players PL is moderately higher than yours. If I remember right, beam effectiveness will be reduced in 1.3 so I'm expecting the generic beams/balls to be less effective also which is why I threw this out.

I'm focusing on improving what we currently have in 1.2 which is a single ki blast. Why not make that chargeable and better? It's used just as often as generic beams/balls.

It's not a very major suggestion, but hopefully it's considered.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correction beam effectivness will not be reduced. The reduction in splash damage will be leveled out by homing ability. As you no doubt have allready seen in the Open beta.

In adition beams will be taylored. Meaning a KHH will actually be a stronger beam compared to a generic beam (unlike in 1.2 where a genbeam owned all others)

Allso some other changes will make beams more usefull during fights. We are no way tuning down beams as offensive weapons. But we are giving them different abilities depending on the actuall beam itself, along with the charge percentage.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ah, thanks for that information, Grega.

A lot of players charge up minimum generic blasts to execute quick ranged attacks. With the generic beams if we charge to maximum are too predictable, move slow, but they deal damage.

So... I'm just substituting a ki blast charge in for the minimum generic beam/ball attack.

In other words, we don't have to select generic beams to execute a quick ki attack. We can shift from melee to ki blasts instead of melee, ki blasts and generic beams. If I want to fire a volley of ki blasts I can hold the LMB. If I want to charge up and shoot an accurate fast ki blast I can hold the RMB.

Best answers
how about..

i think it would be fair if u had like 4 different ways to fire blasts/beams

a instant blast (or ki blast) + a ki blast barrage for vegeta??

a charged blast ( like when u want to fire generic beam but with right click)

a instant beam (but weaker in dmg , faster in speed? )

a charged beam (slower but more dmg? )

it would be a whole lot more similar to the anime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom