Keyboard Issue

zAS

Best answers
Is there any way to select the language of my keyboard for ESF? Its a real pain to have to write "?" pressing "SHIFT"+"-", my keyboard is spanish, so lots of signs are in diferent places.

Thanks a lot.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope there is no way that you can change that ingame.

But in the console you should be able to use your keyboard settings from Windows

Best answers
I would have thought that Half-life uses the Windows keyboard drivers to take input from the keyboard. If thats so would you not just change your settings to tell Windows that you want to use the standard Spanish keyboard layout? Do you have to to the "Shift"+"-" to write the "?" symbol when you are using a program like Internet Explorer or MS Word, or does this just happen in ESF?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HL uses the US keyboard configuration ingame. Although STEAM can use Windows configuration. Thats why you can type normaly in the console cause that is STEAMS part. But if you want to use keys ingame you nead the US values for them.

zAS

Best answers
CS Source lets you type in your own language, there is an "ES" (Spanish) next to your nick to indicate that you can type in your own language...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats the source engine that does that. The engine ussed for HL1 dosent suport that.

zAS

Best answers
Grega said:
Thats the source engine that does that. The engine ussed for HL1 dosent suport that.
ok, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom