Key settings

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
What key config should i use, if i have a normal keyboard and a 3 button mouse?
I'm asking this with the hope of improving my playing style.
Oh and almost forgot, is there any way to make the crosshair move like in normal HL,( i mean when i move then mouse the crosshair moves first and after some miliseconds the view moves also)?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The key configuration is best ussed the one that suits you. You may play better on your own configuration than someone elses. As for the mouse thing i have no idea what you just said.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
When u move the mouse in ESF the crosshair moves and after that the view moves. If u turn right the crosshair moves first to the right and after a fraction of second the view moves also. (it's a bit delayed)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It thought so my self but it's there even in singleplayer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it has to do with the fact that you're in third-person, instead of a normal first-person view.

Best answers
Ahh,configurations eh,well yer you could change it...like ME!! MUAHAHAHA- I don't double tap >.> .But I meen,it doesn't give me and advantage either,every player has there own playing style like Grega said.

And to find you fps type this in your console

net_graph 1

Look at the bottom right corner [Default View]

You should see all these numbers LOOK AT THE NUMBER TO THE LEFT!! thats your FPS or also knows as Frames Per Second.

-GuZzie

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.Guzzie. said:
I don't double tap >.> .But I meen,it doesn't give me and advantage either
Actualy it does. But if you can use it or not is a difrent thing. Personaly i say scripts are the same as cheats but meh.

Anyhow for finding out FPS you can do one of the folowing:
-net_graph 1
-net_graph 2
-net_graph 3
-cl_showfps 1

Those will all show your FPS.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Could it be that it is better to play in first person, ratter that in third person??

Best answers
Ahh bud,thats hard to say.Every player has there own ways of playing again.You'll have to make this decision for yourself.Do what feels most comfortable ok.

-GuZzie

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
webber said:
Could it be that it is better to play in first person, ratter that in third person??
Well its like this. If you want a wide view where you see lots of the area round you youll use third person zomed out.

But if you want precission with long ranged attacks (beams) its best to use first person.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hi, Webber try this,when in third person type snapto or snapto 1 in console. This setting may take some getting used to but I think its what ur looking for. Also It may seem choppy on a computer with a not so good graphics card. Hope that helps :)
ps. I have been using this setting since about beta 1.1. It may seem/be harder to play with this setting but I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom