Katrina takes a toll on Gas...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$3.20 Here! Gawd! I am about to trade in my car for a nice ass bicycle.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
$3.20 Here! Gawd! I am about to trade in my car for a nice ass bicycle.
Guess what the Dutch did :p (Naah, we would use the almighty bicycle anyway \o/)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow you guys suck. It's like $2.80 here. I can't wait until everyone makes the change to hydrogen cars.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cant wait until they get hydrogen cars to work efficiently. At the moment, the batteries or w/e the hell it uses arent quite good enough.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see why they don't just make the change now. But w/e. Not only that. But I don't see why they don't just use bigger pistons. My Dirt bike gets like 80 miles to the gallon. It has one piston, granted it's huge. My four cylindar car get's 35 miles to the gallon. They use hydrogen in space shuttles, why can't they use it in cars? California did it.

But yeah, gas prices will always be "high". I mean think about it. When your parents were our age. They were like "omg omg omg!!! How am I going to afford gas it's 50¢ now!!!" And when we run out of oil we're ****ed. I don't see why we don't make the change now. I mean sure it will cost a **** load of money to redesign the engines and cars etc. But hell, they have the money for it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They weren't always this high over here >_> Only been like this for a couple of months now.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We wont make the change now, because they Hydrogen car hasnt even been perfected. States would also have to build stations to refuel the hydrogen car (no, you cant just put the hose in the fuel tank and expect it to run).

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I don't see why they don't just make the change now. But w/e. Not only that. But I don't see why they don't just use bigger pistons. My Dirt bike gets like 80 miles to the gallon. It has one piston, granted it's huge. My four cylindar car get's 35 miles to the gallon. They use hydrogen in space shuttles, why can't they use it in cars? California did it.

But yeah, gas prices will always be "high". I mean think about it. When your parents were our age. They were like "omg omg omg!!! How am I going to afford gas it's 50¢ now!!!" And when we run out of oil we're ****ed. I don't see why we don't make the change now. I mean sure it will cost a **** load of money to redesign the engines and cars etc. But hell, they have the money for it.
First of all, the water atom aka H, is the smallest/lightest atom know to mankind, it leaks through everything.

You can make a combination with Barium, but it's unstable and toxic.

Also it cost more effort to make Hydrogen then it will give in return.

Last but not least, you can make it a liquid, which makes it easier to contain, but you keep the temperature under -253 celcius, 20,27 Kelvin or -423 Fahrenheit.(Which can be done under high pressure)

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just heard on the radio that Florida has enough gas to last only a week, and other states could share the same fate.
Man this really blows. =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
We wont make the change now, because they Hydrogen car hasnt even been perfected. States would also have to build stations to refuel the hydrogen car (no, you cant just put the hose in the fuel tank and expect it to run).

lol, and you know thats the good ****ing drinking water.

damn, i was thinking it would be something simple like... putting water in the tank.

we'll never run out of oil, or gas for that matter, its just gonna take a push, this hurricane might be it, to get the hydrogen cars perfected. screw hybrids :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we'll never run out of oil, or gas for that matter
Thats what they said about the buffalo.

People just need to learn to be less dependant on cars. If I can bike 10k to work every day, so can anybody else. Id rather people stop *****ing about prices and actually do something about it. Always complaining about the problem isnt going to magically give you a solution.

Hydrogen doesnt simply appear either. It needs to be produced by the electolysis of water, which takes power. That power needs to be generated somewhere. Fuel must still be used to get the fuel to the power plant, and then again to get the hydrogen to the hydro stations. As it stands, around 70% of the electricity in the United States is produced by burning fossil fuels, such as coal and oil, so youre really only changing where the gas is burned by switching to hydrogen power. Hydrogen fuel cells will cost as much to operate as gas powered cars, or more, simply because youre still burning those expensive hydrocarbons, youre merely using them differently.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oil isnt a renewable resource. It would take thousands, perhaps millions of years before we'd be able to get some more oil if it ran out. People use oil like crazy because everyone thinks we have an unlimited supply of it. Reality Check: Gas prices are going up everywhere because there isnt enough (or it could be because the Saudis hate everyone).

And yeah. Screw hybrids.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Thats what they said about the buffalo.

People just need to learn to be less dependant on cars. If I can bike 10k to work every day, so can anybody else. Id rather people stop *****ing about prices and actually do something about it. Always complaining about the problem isnt going to magically give you a solution.

Hydrogen doesnt simply appear either. It needs to be produced by the electolysis of water, which takes power. That power needs to be generated somewhere. Fuel must still be used to get the fuel to the power plant, and then again to get the hydrogen to the hydro stations. As it stands, around 70% of the electricity in the United States is produced by burning fossil fuels, such as coal and oil, so youre really only changing where the gas is burned by switching to hydrogen power. Hydrogen fuel cells will cost as much to operate as gas powered cars, or more, simply because youre still burning those expensive hydrocarbons, youre merely using them differently.
Oil can be made in several ways.(Yes made, from seeds etc)
It's just not efficient.

Most people will be using the car when the fuel prices are like $6 a gallon.
The simple fact is, you have to be at work on time, life goes on.

You just have to wait to buy yourself a big ass tv. :p

Best answers
Yea this suck Mass hit up to 4 Down where my frined is in FL is about 6$ 7$ This sucks... Grrr

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TwisteR said:
It sucks but it shouldnt last too too long, I hope.
Made me giggle. ^^

There's no reason for the prices to go up because one oil rig went down. The majority of oil comes from other countries, so why does a hurricane here affect the prices? Put simply, it doesn't. The oil companies just want a reason to jack up the price and make more money.

Welcome to our society, we are fat lazy slobs, we need fuel for our cars because perish the thought we would actually get some excercise or use public transportation like poor folk.

Until people boycott (which of course they never will) gas prices will always be this high. It'll just slowly keep increasing, so you'll be glad when they say it's been capped at $6, right now it seems like a lot, but it'll happen. Because no one is willing to take the steps necessary to stop getting ass raped by the corporations.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I take the train everywhere, so gas prices dont affect me as much as some of the other people here.

As for the "People are fat and lazy and will never do anything about the oil industries because we enjoy being ass raped"....well...your move Kama.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was kinda thinking of what Kama is saying..I mean the majority of our oil doesn't come from that area (or so I think), I just think they are using it as an excuse to jack prices up, if they just increased productivity in the main ones in texas it should balance out.

It's ashame how dependat we are on fuel and electricity. If both of the 2 become sparse, then we have a problem. Walking to 7-11, ok sure that's not a problem to me, but wheeling a cart to the grocery store amd back? Call me lazy, but that's just damn tedious. I hate the idea of being dependant on electricity and fuel, if this dependacy were ever to be exploited, I just pray that we'll have a secondary source of power.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we have synthetic oils anyways its not a problem. and gas prices suck, but oh well, i'd like to see less idiots driving around my ****ing town. every ****ing year we have like 3 or 4 people in the same car, dieing form ****ign car accidents.

kids just act so stupid, this chick drives by me every day, almost hitting me, nto slowing down, not looking at me, talking on her cell phone.

once these children actually have to get a job and pay for gas "oh noes" maybe they'll be more carefull with it afterwards.

and it wil probobly be a while before the gas gets under 3 dollars again. considering new orleans wont be recovering for a long ass time, and that gas prices arent a big deal, it will still be bought, the dealers will still make money, and thats all that matters.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
TwisteR said:
I just heard on the radio that Florida has enough gas to last only a week, and other states could share the same fate.
Man this really blows. =/
Well they are wrong, here in NC we have major tanks that distribute to most south eastern states, well the tanks are about 10 mins away from my house, well those tanks are being filled ATM, so there will be gas. The pipelines are operational again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom