Karrde Does Steam Punk

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More costuming work. Gotta finish some other stuff in less than a month too :p First off, for those who don't know what steam punk is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk Anyway, this is my first steam punk themed costume. Being the prop builder I am, I started with the goggles :p

Next is the vest. Gonna cheat and buy the pants, braces, shirt, and shoes since I don't have time to make that stuff before I need it for my friend's room party at CONvergence. Our theme is an airship docked it a park outside the capital in St. Paul MN in summer. I'll take photos. But then I'll hopefully finish everything and be able to compete with this costume at Geek.Kon. Might even win something :p

*edit*

Almost forgot, materials:

Base is a welding mask which I painted up.
Leather is riveted over the flexible plastic part.
The right side (from my point of view) lens is a functional magnifier, the main ocular does not function though.
The lens holder device actually telescopes and rotates.
The main ocular is made from some pipe fittings, some ring bearings, a cheap monocular (chosen for its odd shape), some pop-rivets, and a few small gears.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks very nice! Perfect for the style of steam punk as well. The design is great and the craftsmanship is nearly flawless.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looks nice.

But it looks kinda old. You know in the old years science use that to study. You know like those machines that they're making and factories.

(lazy)

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See the link explaining steam punk please :p

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Looks good, good luck on this Karrde

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've always preferred Cyber-punk but looking good so far! Gotta love those telescopy eyes.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lookin' good. Make one of them Jetpacks while you are at it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking good, must be nice to make things from scratch!

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
once its done I bet its gonna be one hell of a voyeur tool!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll still order mine with thermal optics instead of magnification.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thermal optics would fall under the purview of Cyberpunk :p Strictly speaking (though this isn't like enforced or anything) Steampunk costuming should not involve any electronics. Also, just finished gluing the final piece. Should take a few days for the glue to fully cure. Failing this I'm gonna have to come up with a bolted solution. Then some touchups and it's on to the vest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're just going to have to invent non-electronic thermal imaging then, aren't you?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the busy forum-goer with no intention of getting lost in Wikipedia for hours, here is a quick rundown of Steampunk. Steampunk is a setting based in worlds that have either not developed the combustion engine or are in a post combustion engine era where there are no resources to use them. That doesn't stop your fashion sensitive punk from having a bevy of clever and ingenious nonelectric devices that are spring and steambased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom