Karadzic Finally Arrested

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic, a war crimes fugitive and one of the world's most wanted men, was arrested on Monday evening in a sweep by Serbian security forces, the country's president said.

Karadzic has been indicted by the U.N. war crimes tribunal for former Yugoslavia for genocide during the 1992-95 Bosnian war. He has been hiding since 1998.

President Boris Tadic's office said in a statement that Karadzic was arrested "in an action by the Serbian security services."

Karadzic, who was the leader of ethnic Serbs during the war that erupted with Bosnia's secession from Yugoslavia, is accused of masterminding massacres that the U.N. war crimes tribunal described as "scenes from hell, written on the darkest pages of human history."

He had topped the tribunal's most-wanted list for more than a decade and was said to have resorted to elaborate disguises to elude authorities.

Karadzic's reported hide-outs included Serbian Orthodox monasteries and refurbished mountain caves in remote eastern Bosnia. Some newspaper reports said he had at times disguised himself as a priest by shaving off his trademark silver mane and donning a brown cassock.

As leader of Bosnia's Serbs, Karadzic hobnobbed with international negotiators and his interviews were top news items during the 3 1/2-year Bosnian war, set off when a government dominated by Slavic Muslims and Croats declared independence from Yugoslavia in 1992.

But his life changed by the time the war ended in late 1995 with an estimated 250,000 people dead and another 1.8 million driven from their homes. He was indicted twice by the U.N. tribunal on genocide charges stemming from his alleged crimes against Bosnia's Muslims and Croats.

Source:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hDN-CfGY3szC6ylS1zL87_tRXoSwD922GAEG0

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yea i seen it in the news, someone must have given him away, theres no way they could have found him, thats the price for not keeping his mouth shut i guess

Discord Member
Best answers
That man deserves to rot in prison, so much innocents lost because of him.
But of course..he deserves a proper trial.
That is all I have to say, I don't want to start a hatred thread...but some people have the full right to be angry.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That man deserves to rot in prison, so much innocents lost because of him.
But of course..he deserves a proper trial.
That is all I have to say, I don't want to start a hatred thread...but some people have the full right to be angry.
In my opinion, someone that innocently kills people or being killed because of him, don't deserve any kind of trial if he did it all on purpose rather than on accident.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion, someone that innocently kills people or being killed because of him, don't deserve any kind of trial if he did it all on purpose rather than on accident.
Well, a trial is needed to at least properly decide guilt, then punishment for his alleged crimes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the whole point of a trial is to prove beyond doubt he is guilty of committing the crime.

if we just shot him now, and in 5 years had evidence to say that actually it wasn't him, then where would we be?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another body pushing up daisies that's all. I'm sure it won't take that long to prove he's guilty. How long did it take for us to put down Hussein?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saddam Hussein was captured in late 2003 and wasn't executed til late 2006. But once the process started it was quick, it was just a long wait.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'm sure anyone would ***** and moan if they knew they were about to be killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom