Kami's Lookout

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"It's done when it's done" is already boring to hear. At least say sometime in 2010 or 2011...
There is no time frame, and I don't think the team even has a date set in stone. When we say "when it's done", we really mean "when it's done". Unless there are deadlines or people are begging for work to be done, then most of the content really is done whenever the artists/coders/whatever gets the time to finish whatever project they're working on.

Last edited:
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
we won`t say anything we don`t know ourselves just to please you..
what if we say something in 2010 and we won`t make it? that would be a lie.
and you don`t want us to be lying? :p

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Well, there still are models, maps, bug fixes and optimizations to be done. Right?
Since you guys have some maps and models made already and probably fixed some bugs, you could estimate how much it will take from how much it took to make these things. Yo can say "This will take about that much and that will take about that much" and still come up with an approximate release date, witch can be sometime in 2010 or 2011. ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes...maybe they could. But in the end, they can't look into the future. For all they know, they will hardly have any time to work on the mod in the next couple of months. They don't work fixed hours on this game like many companies will do. So if they make an estimated date, in the end it might be wrong. And then the trouble starts: Every damn outside idiot, will rush down these forums and be like "OMAHGSHAGSHJAFSJ WHY INST EFS RLEAZZED YET!?!?!?" and we don't want that. Neither would you. Plus, the team can't predict how long bug fixing and optimization will take, or maybe they will think of a couple of new features in the near future, lengthening the development time.

In the end, you will have to live with it: When. It's. Done.

Can't take it? Leave for 2 years, come back, and who knows it might be done.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, there still are models, maps, bug fixes and optimizations to be done. Right?
Since you guys have some maps and models made already and probably fixed some bugs, you could estimate how much it will take from how much it took to make these things. Yo can say "This will take about that much and that will take about that much" and still come up with an approximate release date, witch can be sometime in 2010 or 2011. ;)
Again, not even an estimation would work. Something crazy could happen like a few members leaving the team or going inactive, and then that would set the whole team back. Just imagine if someone like Raven, DT, or Dalte went inactive.. then there would be a huge set back and people would need to pick up what they left off until they come back.

I guess it's hard to explain, especially to a non-modder, but as I said in my previous post, when we say "when it's done", we really mean "when it's done". There are no estimations or dates set in stone yet.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could give you a date, but it'd be 100% bull**** :p

Best answers
[video=youtube;EgocrNahKS8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgocrNahKS8[/video] on LINUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing at all. Hs just showing off a linux version that is capable of runing Windows applications.

If you remember STEAM has no linux support past dedicated servers.

Best answers
6 Years & still on 1.3 beta

I really hope you guys are serious about getting this done, 6 years in Beta on 1.3,... Come on,...

I LOVE this MOD, but hate that others have done more to develop it 3rd party like EVM/ECX. Guys DO IT OR QUIT!!! This is still a Half-Life 1 Mod, not even HL2! 6 Years of Stagnation to the public is loosing you guys support/popularity.

I Say again "I LOVE THIS MOD!", But I have seen members just trail off, making Flash Videos when they could be working on releases. PLEASE Release 1.3 soon or just admit its Dead!:-/

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.3 isn't being worked on anymore buddy. The first 1.3 released was in 2006 and the final 1.3 release was in 08. Just sayin'.

And admit it's dead? Why admit it's dead.. when.. you know.. updates are being regularly given out? (I'm counting POTW's as well)

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.3 isn't being worked on anymore buddy. The first 1.3 released was in 2006 and the final 1.3 release was in 08. Just sayin'.

And admit it's dead? Why admit it's dead.. when.. you know.. updates are being regularly given out? (I'm counting POTW's as well)
Be more specific Dam.
The last 1.3 Open Beta was released in '08. The current version that the team is working on is named ESF:Final and it will be the last one.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really hope you guys are serious about getting this done, 6 years in Beta on 1.3,... Come on,...

I LOVE this MOD, but hate that others have done more to develop it 3rd party like EVM/ECX. Guys DO IT OR QUIT!!! This is still a Half-Life 1 Mod, not even HL2! 6 Years of Stagnation to the public is loosing you guys support/popularity.

I Say again "I LOVE THIS MOD!", But I have seen members just trail off, making Flash Videos when they could be working on releases. PLEASE Release 1.3 soon or just admit its Dead!:-/
What you know from 1.3 open beta has completelly vanished. Forget what you think about it, it's not even worth thinking about it. The next release should be called ESF 4.0. I hope you understood what I just said and realise that the team is not dealing with a simple HL1 mod anymore. There are more technical difficulties than you can imagine.

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never tire of the doubters :p What, they think we're photoshopping everyting :p

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you can't really blame them. It doesn't look like a regular hl1 mod anymore. :)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Our mod, our pace.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL!
I can't beleive you sait it's dead.
Do you know what a dead mod is? A dead mod is DEAD, it never gets updates or gets releases. >.>
So JUST STFU AND WAIT FOR THIS AWESOME UNREAL GAEM<3<3<3<3<3;3;3;3

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

WHAT ARE YOU SOME SORT OF ASS CLOWN

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Im curious. What flash videos O.O id love to see one or 2.

Besides as Ready said. We work on the mod at our own pace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom