Kamehameha and Final Flash

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The episode is 144. Have some pics to celebrate.

"Super Kamehameha!"

Lightning zomg!

Second wave in action

"Er...****."

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Volosity said:
well in the sayian saga aginst nappai didn't hear his say kamehameha when nappa use his moth beam up close to goku it was a light blue beam tho :p
I heard him say it. He said it as the mouthblast was fired (in like half a sec).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but those dubs were done by ****ty ****ty Pioneer. It was a dubbing error. Gohan also does a few yellow 'Kamehameha's' (Read: Masenko's) against Vegeta. The episodes are being redubbed as we speak, and I guarantee FUNimation won't make the same mistake.

Considering Goku didn't make up a lot of attacks, he certainly created a lot of variants of what he had:

-Super Dragon Fist changes from an Oozaru to a Dragon (Dragonball - DBZ Movie 13)

-Spirit Bomb changes from the one-handed little orb King Kai taught him to the giant two-handed monstrosities you see in Frieza Saga+

-Kame Torpedoes (Frieza Saga)
-Super Kamehameha (Dragonball Piccolo Jr. Saga)
-Dual Kamehameha (Dead Zone movie)
-Warp Kamehameha (Cell Games)
-Father-Son Kamehameha (Movie 10)
-One handed Kamehameha (against Majin Vegeta at world tournament)
-A weird 'After Image' Kamehameha that allowed Goku to swoop up the Kamehameha's beam while it was still firing and pull off a Super Dragonfist (Near the end of GT)
-10x Kamehameha (SSJ4 GT)

Then the fusions:
-Final Kamehameha (Vegito)
-Big Bang Kamehameha (Gogeta)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Yeah but those dubs were done by ****ty ****ty Pioneer. It was a dubbing error. Gohan also does a few yellow 'Kamehameha's' (Read: Masenko's) against Vegeta. The episodes are being redubbed as we speak, and I guarantee FUNimation won't make the same mistake.
I've said this in other threads before. Funimation didn't make the mistake of putting "Kamehameha!" in for a Masenko. TOEI ANIMATION did with the original Japanese voiceactors! Funimation merely copied the Japanese version.

I made a clip if you don't believe me.

http://mars.walagata.com/w/sailoralea/khh.avi

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funimation didn't make the mistake of putting "Kamehameha!" in for a Masenko. TOEI ANIMATION did with the original Japanese voiceactors! Funimation merely copied the Japanese version.
Did I say FUNimation? No. I said Pioneer. FUNimation didn't take over dubbing until the Frieza Saga. They are currently redubbing everything up to that point, and they haven't got that far yet.

Besides, if Toei made the mistake it's not completely unreasonable to think Pioneer would've picked up on it as most of the fanbase did (considering all of the blue Kamehameha's in Dragonball). It's not even charged like a Kamehameha.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right, you didn't say Funimation. However, you did imply that Pioneer had made a mistake by making Gohan say 'Kamehameha.' The origin of the mistake is Toei Animation. Since it's already been in the English and Japanese versions, somehow I doubt that Funimation is going to correct the oversight in their version.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well that remains to be seen, however when FUNi's plan to redub was announced they did say that their aim was to:

-Include the missing 15 episodes worth of footage.
-Keep it purely uncut in terms of gore.
-Replace all the dialogue with the Frieza-Kid Buu Saga voices (Sean Schemmel as Goku, Christopher Sabat as Vegeta...etc...) Raditz has been completely redone, and actually sounds quite cool now.
-Work out the many inconsistencies that Pioneer kindly created, provided it stays in line with the rest of the dubbed series. For instance, 'The Next Dimension' will just be 'death', but HELL will remain HFIL. I'm pretty sure that means working out both Nappa's Kamehameha mouthblast and hopefully Gohan's Masenko/Kamehameha, but I can't make any promises on FUNi's behalf so...watch this space :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom