Status
Not open for further replies.
2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PiXel said:
why dont cha ask Dendza if he would give up his, since he did a sdk for janemba.
What is the point in that PiXel? =P the whole idea is to compete.

Best answers
Ive noticed in lots of screenshots people use the plugin in 3dsm to count their poly's but why dont you just hit 7 and show the face count for what you have selected?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm with David and Dust. Krillin isn't really a good choice for this particular character, and Cell needs some love.

Best answers
Better for Krillin will be Yamcha as a replacement model...
They both have the Kamehameha
I think Trunks would fit best for Janemba, too.

And I have a question: the replacement model is for form 1 only, isn?t it?
What if you transform into form 2? Will Janemnba then become MysticKrillin??

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trunks is too slow to make him worth replacing with an awesome-looking model (which I'm sure it will be after seeing what these guys can produce).

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I vote for Janemba to replace Buu.
Purple/Pink aura, mouth blast and a few other things I dont know but are a good reason to replace Buu ;3

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But Buu isn't allowed in tourneys and is frowned upon due to his overwhelming advantages in just about everything =/

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think Buu is too overpowered... but if he is and the ESF team knows it then I'm sure they'll balance something out for 1.3 so I say go for replacing Buu.

And the fact that Buu isnt allowed in tourneys is just plain stupid in my opinion...=/

Best answers
This isn't really related to the competition guys... Maybe make a new thread for this discussion?

I can't wait to see the first entry!!

This is a great reference, though. Makes me wish I knew how to do advanced work in 3d modeling to create something like that!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SV, I don't know how often you play but try fighting someone who knows what they're doing when they're using buu. Unless you're significantly better, you're going to have problems. Buu is faster, has a higher pl, has more hp, and has a crazy-strong beam. Thats why we don't use him. Unless buu is made to stand equal with the other characters (which I'm not sure will happen since he's friggin buu), people aren't going to use him and so the Janemba model will be wasted. Since 1.3 will make tons of people come back and many of the old players will return and will buy servers again, people will be forced to either play by our rules (which are fair for all) or go elsewhere (basically make their own server). Either way, Janemba won't be used often. The people who buy the servers are usually the people who care about the game, and the only players that actually care about the game are the..eh..."better players".

Thats why I'm thinking Cell would be a good choice.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This isn't really related to the competition guys... Maybe make a new thread for this discussion?
Isnt it? =P

Zeonix said:
SV, I don't know how often you play but try fighting someone who knows what they're doing when they're using buu. Unless you're significantly better, you're going to have problems. Buu is faster, has a higher pl, has more hp, and has a crazy-strong beam. Thats why we don't use him. Unless buu is made to stand equal with the other characters (which I'm not sure will happen since he's friggin buu), people aren't going to use him and so the Janemba model will be wasted. Since 1.3 will make tons of people come back and many of the old players will return and will buy servers again, people will be forced to either play by our rules (which are fair for all) or go elsewhere (basically make their own server). Either way, Janemba won't be used often. The people who buy the servers are usually the people who care about the game, and the only players that actually care about the game are the..eh..."better players".

Thats why I'm thinking Cell would be a good choice.
Well I guess he's a bit over powered, the ESF team must know that then and I doubt they will leave it this way, they are definatly going to balance things out so I say no worries about that.
Cell has too many attacks that dont belong to Janemba but when you think about it...it's better then a replacement for Krillin D;

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I've seen, and I've seen a lot mind you, they must be leaving the balancing part of buu for much later on. If he is indeed balanced, then buu is a good choice.

Then that raises the question of buu's various transformations and whether or not additional models will be made for each transformation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cool, are we supposed to discuss who he has to replace ingame? lol

The winner will then be included in ESF 1.3 as a selectable "skin" for Krillin.
Simply decided by the Team, they rule about the game creation so you may talk personaly about that to them, i dont mind about the decision also the team may has changed loads of thing ingame, so you wont mind aswell.

You should not bother yourself in this point. get into the visual stuff right now, aight?

xD lol i wont join, to let ya kno, gonna step myself into another project i already have in work... though hoping another project where i got hired along time ago will finaly come up :-\

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hehe I started janemba, Here's the head:

And a little something that came out when i played with rendering:

Please comment, i need to get any problems fixed.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
although i won't be able to show regular updates, as i am using the net at work...

count me in >;E~~~

Best answers
I am finished with the body. ~4 hours of work >_<.
I will do the head tomorrow.

[I will post some pics later, sorry =P]

Polycount is ~1500.
With the head it will get <1800 like i predicted =P.
Is that allowed?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I say 1.8k is just the right count to go .. unfortunately its not my competition xD
*uses hypnotic powers to get kama to increase the polycount*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Polycount is ~1500.
With the head it will get <1800 like i predicted =P.
Is that allowed?
It's allowed, but i'm really stressing removing all the unnecessary polies that you can. Your goal is 1500.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just finished the head of mine and I'm at 1487 It looks like **** though but deforms well enough for half-life. Pictures when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom