Kama's Kompetition #2 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I decided to start my own competition. Here's how it works. I'll give you guys challenges, sometimes with or without my involvement, and then depending on the work i'll do my best to get it into ESF, or at least part of a side pack.

The Challenge
You will be to modelling me Pikkon! The winner will then be included in ESF 1.3 as a selectable "skin" for Piccolo.

^ This one. - Halo is optional but a nice touch -

http://images.myfavoritegames.com/gallery-db-z-gt-x/Pikkon/pikkon002.jpg
http://images.myfavoritegames.com/gallery-db-z-gt-x/Pikkon/pikkon003.jpg
http://www.rubberslug.com/user/05d8...52a20de/112602-1945719-Pikkon full attire.jpg

Specifications
Please only model the caped version. His "warmed up" version will not be part of this contest until after a winner has been selected. If you do choose to skin your model, please post the skinned version in a thread of your own, judging will be based solely on the mesh. If you truly wish to skin your own model, feel free to PM me about doing so.

Deadline = Nov 15
Polylimit = Rougly 1500polys

BEGIN!

Now Accepting Submissions

Starting now, until midnight Nov 15, I am accepting model submissions. If you are unable to submit in that timeframe, PM me and I will see if I can make an exception, but unless it absolutely cannot be avoided, your submission will be void.

Please include with your submission;
- your model, .3ds preferable or .ms3d
- a Front, side and back view of your model flatshaded
- A Front, side and back view of your model smooth shaded

Please send your submissions to [email protected] and I wish all of you the best of luck.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm staying out of this one heh, cant wait to see what you guys are going to come up with!
Make it intense as the last kompetition was =3 OOoooo the excitment!!
Good luck everybody! =D

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like to but I kinda cant cause I won the other komp, but it's alright cause I'm working on another project at the moment =P (Vegetto)...not to mention I need a break from competitions xD the other one was over whelming heh but fun.

I wanna see lots of people joining this one!! from the last competition and more! this is gotta be hot!

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what Kama told me we should base it off on one version of Pikkon, most likely the caped version. ;)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The deadline is on my birthday :eek: Is this my present along with the unhealthy amounts of your love, Kama sama ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well since piccolo has two forms, why not have both versions =o just model him without the cape, then add the cape and turban after

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MajinZGohan said:
Guess that would make two winners then?
not nessecarily.. as the jacket or robe is just an addon

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
well since piccolo has two forms, why not have both versions =o just model him without the cape, then add the cape and turban after
I thought the same thing but Kama said we should keep it to one model on each competition.
I think it will work out well with just one model, the caped one but maybe Kama will say otherwise =o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally think the warmed up version would work better seeing as picollo is in his warmed up version too

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm well if there is one with and without a cape, then if two different models win it'll be a bit inconsistant =o but if u use one model as a base it should work out a lot better

Best answers
I personally think the warmed up version would work better seeing as picollo is in his warmed up version too
On the otherhand, Pikkon looks cooler with the cape

@kong

Depends, do we have to skin it, or is kama going to skin it? Although the modelling style is gonna be different, I doubt you'll see much difference if the same person is going to skin both.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
hmm well if there is one with and without a cape, then if two different models win it'll be a bit inconsistant =o but if u use one model as a base it should work out a lot better
Nah only one model can win, and from the refs Kama posted I guess everybody should make the caped version so there wont be such situation unless Kama says it should be 2 models.

MajinZGohan said:
On the otherhand, Pikkon looks cooler with the cape
Very true =3

Depends, do we have to skin it, or is kama going to skin it? Although the modelling style is gonna be different, I doubt you'll see much difference if the same person is going to skin both.
The winning model will be skinned by Kama so even if the models look inconsistent the skin style should make up to it but then think about it, uvmapping 2 models...? ;P not likely

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
The deadline is on my birthday :eek: Is this my present along with the unhealthy amounts of your love, Kama sama ?
Yus. <3<3<3

And as for the model, please make the caped version. Ty. Good luck!

Ty for that awesome ref by MazjinZGohan.

Best answers
do we have to skin it?

edit: nvm, read SV's post.

edit2:

What exactly is that black thingy on his cap?

Well, haven't modelled in a very long time so here's my wip.

Also looks like I'm not gonna be able to make the 1.5k poly budget.

and then I had some fun with colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom