Kama's Kompetition #1 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I decided to start my own competition. Here's how it works. I'll give you guys challenges, sometimes with or without my involvement, and then depending on the work i'll do my best to get it into ESF, or at least part of a side pack.

The First Challenge
The first thing for will be to model me Dragonball Goku! You can either skin it yourself, or if I choose it I will skin it. The winner will then be included in ESF 1.3 as a selectable "skin" for Goku.

^ This one. - Monkey Bar is mandatory -
Yes this is a sad sad way for me to get someone to make me a model I want, but I will get it in 1.3 for ya. So stop looking for these hidden messages and start modelling!
Deadline = Oct 15
Polylimit = Rougly 1500polys

BEGIN!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds rather interesting.. If i get the time ill try to create one. Whats the deadline?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good question, let's say Oct 15. That sounds fair. And if things go slowly we can always move it back some. Let's play it by ear.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A Kompetition from Kama-sama!
I'm gonna see what I can do =O

Umm there must be a polylimit right? x_x"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess this is going to be 1500 max triangles?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try to keep it around 1500, 1800 is the absolute maximum. But try to use 1500 as your ceiling.

Best answers
been a long time since I worked on a dbz model, let alone a model under 1500 polies. Guess it's worth a shot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, nice idea for a competition.

I hope people will really jump on this. :3

Best answers
october 15 sounds fair. I really have nothing else to do so i will prolly start it right now :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oooh, this sounds fun, and I've got a whole week of break left. I think I'll hop on this!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
who's gonna animate o_O?

and **** kama, out of all the other types of selectable characters you could've chosen... Kid Goku... he's my fav :( but I gots so much other work i should do =/ this isnt fair.Kama really is evil.

Anyway's, I always thought there should be a comp for alternate characters/costumes for 1.3 scince its going to have a selectable model feature and all D:

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay this rocks the ****. I am so on for skinning **** with this thing :D.

But yeah animation is a massive problem here... how are they gonna get in game with no skeletons/animtions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wheres_warren said:
But yeah animation is a massive problem here... how are they gonna get in game with no skeletons/animtions?
Let Kama worry about that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-_-" i just hope.... ill get upon it. Finaly a competition with "k" and where your work is atleast worth.

D2

Polygon Pusher
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ah kamatition :p cool

hopefully i can find some time during the week.. I woudnt mind trying this one (good for learning to model with limit :D)

Best answers
With the bonus prize of being included in ESF, I'm going to give this a shot. Give me a chance to work into the DB universe for a change.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The contest is still up and running. Hope alot of people are trying their best. If you have suggestions for alternate costumes for other characters, please PM them to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if its any comfort.. i started.. but deu to serious lack of time all i have so far is like.. 1 side of the pants.. XD

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'll model it after I finish skinning my Solid Snake model. :)

Edit:

Kama, do you want the monkey bar modelled as a seperate object or would it be fine if I just modelled it placed on his back like so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom