Kaination is learning ze' guitar!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know tons of you here play the guitar (i hope ;/)

So, I've never touched a guitar in my life, besides my lovely guitar hero 2

can anyone send me some free sites to learn? i have absolutely no knowledge about guitars and i want to learn :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grea site for tabs and other sweet guitar stuff
http://ultimate-guitar.com/

The best way to string a guitar (IMO)
http://www.uncletim.com/setup.htm

Title explains it all
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Started-Playing-Hard-Rock-and-Metal-Guitar

This has some good lessons and beginning warm-ups
http://www.guitarlessonworld.com/

Same thing but also has an online tuner for regular drop-d drop-c and drop-b if you want to go that low
http://www.audio-guitar-lessons.com/index.html

and if you need any help you can ask me and i can make a video to show you what i personally do

hope this helps

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.chordie.com

good site, google fender players club,

to start i would reccomend just learning your basic chords, a,b,c then move on to your major/minors, then when you start playing songs you can start adding things you come across

but yeah, basic chords, then some pentatonic scales

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.stetina.com

to start i would reccomend just learning your basic chords, a,b,c then move on to your major/minors, then when you start playing songs you can start adding things you come across
that sentance alone proves how little you know.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you really want to learn i would suggest taking lessons rather than going to a site to learn

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you really want to learn i would suggest taking lessons rather than going to a site to learn
Indeed. Tab seems ridiculous at first but after like 1 year of intensive learning (like 2 guys I know) you'll play Johnny B. Goode in no time.

Or if you are like me, 5 years on... you can do Blitzkreig Bop, pretty much read tab...

Anyway, investing in Guitar Pro is a good idea for beginners or if you struggle with tempo.

Remember don't start too high or you'll crash back down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed. Tab seems ridiculous at first but after like 1 year of intensive learning (like 2 guys I know) you'll play Johnny B. Goode in no time.

Or if you are like me, 5 years on... you can do Blitzkreig Bop, pretty much read tab...

Anyway, investing in Guitar Pro is a good idea for beginners or if you struggle with tempo.

im not paying for anythin :0

but! I have a friend whose been playing for roughly a year that's going to teach me or so. I've been learning nothing but tabs, and eh, i can somewhat play.

Haha, thanks, I was getting a bit carried away, I'll start smaller :0

anyone recommend some small songs to start off?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what else?

smoke on the water - deep purple, thats a song thats nationally required to be known by all guitarists

but really man, i highly suggest lessons. there are just alot of things that you have to have someone next to you saying "no thats not right, do it like this...". youll get better alot faster and if your trying to be like jimi hendrix or joe satriani, remember that they didnt have a choice. they HAD to start out by themselves.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what else?

smoke on the water - deep purple, thats a song thats nationally required to be known by all guitarists

but really man, i highly suggest lessons. there are just alot of things that you have to have someone next to you saying "no thats not right, do it like this...". youll get better alot faster and if your trying to be like jimi hendrix or joe satriani, remember that they didnt have a choice. they HAD to start out by themselves.
Eh, I don't want to play in a band or be big with it, I just wanna be able to drive to drive to my friend Scott's house and jam with him randomly, or play songs, etc.

Guitar is just something off to the side to occupy my time lately.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then you should learn how to read tabs...it's the easiest way to learn how to play a song. And there's a free program like guitar pro called powertab just google it and you'll find it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.stetina.com

that sentance alone proves how little you know.
ok.

edit. ok that sentence sucked.

learn your majors minors and 7th's a-f,, or whatever. www.chordie.com thats a good place for tabs, it usually shows you how to make the chord shapes if its listed in the song, and tries to provide a video or audio sample to help you play along.

and if your just sitting around doing nothing, drag your fingers up and down the strings to build up a little callice.

www.rockhousemethod.com theres a good place to learn

and guitar pro isnt free, but its a cool program.

edit, and try to set a goal for each time you practice, for me i try to learn a few new chords, or some new scale positions or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom