Kadaj - WIP

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heres the ref im using:

heres what ive got so far:

Best answers
The nose is too spiky. Try to roundshape it some, as well as not just add a long flat line under it. Give it some shape.
Rest is looking great, keep it up :D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
modeling like this forces me to skin better =P

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The hair in front seems to be a little too short, in the ref it's past her chin. And in yours it's just past the nose. Unless you have plans to do something with it. Also I don'tk now about the eyes. but something bugs me.

looks cool though- and who is it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well now wait till everybody crited on it ._. so you wont say again:

I wont change anything on the mesh now, now give only critism on the skin.
k? :p

nway

ITS FREAKING AWESOME!!

but

the hair doesnt go so tight upwards... also the ear shows out ... and i gues the neck is abit to buffed up... maybe not... also like gohand said.. nose ._."

gj on it

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
modeling like this forces me to skin better =P
Yeah but It'll still look weird :p. You defenatly should give it a bit more round shape ^^.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
her? o_O.... he's from advent children :p

Looks good man, but it looks like you got lazy on the nose, personally i'd give him nostrils and everything, nose are a very defining feature, and with the level of detail around the mouth and eyes, its like the nose has been ignored. I'd also look at the neck, i think you've exaggerated the muscles, kadaj has quite a feminine physique, his muscles arent bulked, more like subtle curves in the surface. I'd also look into the eye's, the upper inside corner is a little saggy, if you look in your reference kadaj has quite perky eyes, like the middle of the eye (slightly towards the center of the face) is the highest point, but on the model the very outter corner is the highest point in the eye. Something about the shape of the skull from the cheeks upwards makes me think its too wide, it doesnt look spherical enough, it might just be the hair though... because i think you've exagerated the hair volume, because the hair is almost the same shape as the skull at the top.

Hope i explained stuff well,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
kk i just booted max up so ill add the rest of the hair (theres a hint there for anyone who said it was too short before xD also WIP would be the other hint).

i think your right about the eyes, but the nose... i dont think ill add much more detail to at all. like i said i really like modeling it this way, it forces me to skin better. and its simple and easy =] why over complicate things? =P

Best answers
You can still skin the same amount of detail, even if you model more detail on the nose. It'll also probably look better. If you keep it like that, I doubt that the detail on your skin would even show.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fixed the eyes (thanks dave), and finished the hair.

Best answers
Wow Mad_AxMan, that is turning out really nice! Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh wanna texture it =OOO
=] hope you'll be releasing an sdk but...before that =] fixy the nosy
it needs to have the same depth as in the ref you posted :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

=o FO RLY?! sv wanna skin one of my moodles? =x

Best answers
Getting better gir, flow is almost there. You have the right amount of polygons in the face but you need to watch where your placing them.

If your going to use so many try smooth out the mesh, otherwise your going to have the same thing I had with my early meshes. Check the cheeks, nose and lower jaw they seem to be the worst bits.

I'm not to familiar with the character so i can't really say much for the body, except the boots/shoes/ feet garments seem ridiculously small for the body.

Keep on trucking, nice stuff

Show

Best answers
His whole body seems a lil to slender to me. His arms and legs are extremely long making him look huge. I know he's a 3d model, but he's a japenese 3d model, japanese people aren't big, let alone huge :p

Best answers
I just noticed, Dunno if it's been said but the head is way too small if you compare it to the arms/legs lenght.

I'd either shorten them or make the head a bit bigger, but in this case shortening will pretty much solve the issue I think.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Godhand said:
I just noticed, Dunno if it's been said but the head is way too small if you compare it to the arms/legs lenght.

I'd either shorten them or make the head a bit bigger, but in this case shortening will pretty much solve the issue I think.
I agree with Godhand there.
he looks huge atm.

also..hope you fixed teh nose =o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
strange to think, that he matches the skeleton im rigging him to =x

if i was gonna give him a custom skelly, i would agree, but at the moment he will rig perfectly to the pre-existing one i am gonna be using him to get into JKA (theres a HUGE calling for this model in that community, so i figured i would make him and gain eternal fame xD).

so im sorry, but i cant change it too much now, since he fits perfectly. (meaning, the eyes match the eyes bones, the lips match the lip bones, etc... which also means hes actually in perfect human proportion =x)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom