Kadaj - WIP

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
which also means hes actually in perfect human proportion =x)
No offense man, but no way.
That's not really even close to perfect human proportion. Strech out your both arms, get someone to take pictures, and observe yourself O_O.
The arms look like he they are mutated, so do the legs.
Just compare the chest/belly area to the leggs. The model is way off normal proportions, too bad I suck at making drawovers, but you should ask Davidskiwan for one.

Well ok I'll admit there are some humans who have extremly long arms and legs, but that's rare, and even then they dont really look like that.

But if you want to keep the model as it is, sure :/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dave has the model and thinks its fine =/

=/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok you are gonna hate me Gir but I still love you. The hair bothers me. It needs to lay down more then sticking out. Look at your ref pic more closely to see what i mean. Im sure if you fixed it, your model would look much more realistic.

Edit: Give the lips a more natural skin tone color then a brown color. In the ref pic the lips have a darker shade of skin tone.

Edit: The eye's are more of a green tone then a blue tone.

Edit: The Eyebrow is thicker at the beginning of the eye then shoots straight in an angle. It becomes less and less thick with each progress. Don't just make a regular thin eyebrow.

Edit: Don't know if this is possible but I think you should add eye lashes. Would give him that feminine look. Sorry for criting so much but Kadaj is one of my favorites in the movie.
Damnit Lee work for BTL. I'm willing to pay you 75 bucks per model you create for us. Please will you do this for me?

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lee =o are you into accuracy? or just rigging? XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
both

he is as accurate as he can be if i want him to look good at all in-game.

now get on msn D:

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
he is as accurate as he can be if i want him to look good at all in-game.
Says you. I've said my opinion, but crits really don't seem to labor your book eh. Post it at polycount or cgchat and see how they like your " perfect human proportion".

I'm not even going to crit the skin.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really like the skin. The mesh is amazing imo, and you need a ownage skin to suit that.

Look at the picture you posted on top. His face is young, maybe eager. Your skin is bored, and has a Seffyroff feel.

Also, unless im mistaken, he had a trenchcoat ;O.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His lips are way too dark.

Also, try to use more shadowy shadows and less burnt ones. I find transparent blacks often work well. What you should do is brush at a high zoom level and low transparency with high opacity extreme shadows and highlights, and gradually increase size, decrease opacity. Do it all in grayscale with a layer of shadows and one of highlights. Also, draw an outline of the face with a 1pt pencil or something and work around it. Try to get some photos of real people, even maybe photosource and skin over them for practice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
dave has the model and thinks its fine =/

=/
Skin's not the absolute best, but the hair downright bothers me. Make it more strands of hairs, like in the ref, not a big model blotchy thing (If i sound lkike a noob its cause i dont model D:)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im 99.9% sure he plans to use opacity/alpha maps for the hair, it SHOULD look like strands in the end.

unless he goofs the skinning =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
right on nuttzy.

anyway, i would suggest anyone who hasnt actually used the JKA skelly before, that you try it. you'll find it changes your entire opinion.

anyway, the amount of people who said my screenshots of sephiroth looked bad, before they saw him in game with his specular map, compared with how many people love how he looks in game (despite the fact that yes, he has "deformation" that people like you or i would NORMALLY try to get rid of) is quite amazing. its all about the end result, ie. how he looks in game. NOT how he looks in renders.

ps. heres what the skeleton looks like. i think ull find he fits it almost 100%. even all the facial bones match up, so i can rig him for full facial nasty.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that's odd, this may seem stupid but WHY is there a joint in his thigh?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tek, there are joints in his lower femur and humerus bones, because they help control the rotational movement of the elbow, and the knee. while the radius, and the tibia are the ones controlling the pivotal motion. (hope that makes sence)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, we dont though xD we have 1 humerous, and 1 femur, not 2. we have muscles that do the job of those joints on the jka skeleton.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice fit but i thought u made your own skelly for jkA?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i did, but whats the point in using that one for something that everyone wants to use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom