k wtf?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm playing WoW and all of a sudden I get the blue screen of death. There's not even the text. Just completely blue.

Then I hear something bumping/exploding in my computer. I thought some roach went in there, yet then it stops and runs completely fine after two restarts which caused a major glitch on my computer.

Can someone tell me what I should do? I've already plan to take the case off and see what happen inside.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say it could of been your hdd, sounds like it is wearing out perhaps, ethier that or your windows install if full of crap if it's giving you a BSOD.
2 possible causes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Possibility of the Hard Drive. I might aswell get a new one since this one is kinda 5 years old, and yeah it's 30GBS, so recommened me something nice like a Western Digital model or something. Budget price $60.

Edit: The noise... was a mouse in the wall. Damn, those things can jump high.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144129 - Western Digital Caviar SE WD2000JB 200GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM $74.99

I assume you don't have sata if your'e using an older 30gb hdd, however if your board does support SATA:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822136010 - Western Digital Caviar RE WD2500YD 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM $81.99
Edit: The noise... was a mouse in the wall. Damn, those things can jump high.
Heh, I had a rat in my wall the other day and it ate the rat posion we left out for it :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, we've ascertained that the sound was a mouse, and not his hard drive.

I get that blue screen you described all the time when I'm playing WoW. Leaping up to buy new parts for my computer wasn't the first course of action that occurred to me, and I really don't see the point in doing so.

My advice: ask the good folks at Blizzard about the problem, they've probably seen it before and know if it can be fixed. Oh, and get a cat.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem seems to be related in wow's case then, however, iv'e watched my friend play wow for 9hrs straight and not get a blue screen at all.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lith said:
I'm playing WoW and all of a sudden I get the blue screen of death. There's not even the text. Just completely blue.

Then I hear something bumping/exploding in my computer. I thought some roach went in there, yet then it stops and runs completely fine after two restarts which caused a major glitch on my computer.

Can someone tell me what I should do? I've already plan to take the case off and see what happen inside.
This should help: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-tech-support&t=705197&tmp=1#post705197

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
That page only refers to blue screens that have a message. This is just a blue screen, nothing more, nothing less.
Well, looking through the WoW forums, there is currently no fix to it then. I've looked through a number of pages and all of them led to no real answer, especially by the tech support.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
|Overlord| said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144129 - Western Digital Caviar SE WD2000JB 200GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM $74.99

I assume you don't have sata if your'e using an older 30gb hdd, however if your board does support SATA:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822136010 - Western Digital Caviar RE WD2500YD 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM $81.99

Heh, I had a rat in my wall the other day and it ate the rat posion we left out for it :).
What the hell? Someone's computer crashes once and you recommend a new hard drive? "k wtf?" indeed.

Probably some driver problems.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
What the hell? Someone's computer crashes once and you recommend a new hard drive? "k wtf?" indeed.
.........Did you read this?
Lith said:
I might aswell get a new one since this one is kinda 5 years old, and yeah it's 30GBS, so recommened me something nice like a Western Digital model or something. Budget price $60.
Aside from the crashes, he enquired about hard drives and stated that his current one is 5yrs old. I don't see how I should get a "k wtf" for being of assitance...... Note I also edited my post after he added the infro about the mouse in his post.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
|Overlord| said:
.........Did you read this?
Still funny considering he says "I got a BSOD" and you say "YOUR HDD IS DIEING".
I don't see how I should get a "k wtf" for being of assitance......
And I don't see why you should request an MCA when I said you're acting like an ass.
|Overlord| said:
Seeing as you're going to be upgrading, definitely go with Overlord's suggestion of the SATA HDD if ya can.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Still funny considering he says "I got a BSOD" and you say "YOUR HDD IS DIEING".And I don't see why you should request an MCA when I said you're acting like an ass.Seeing as you're going to be upgrading, definitely go with Overlord's suggestion of the SATA HDD if ya can.
Can you identify "causes"?. It's an idea that comes to mind -_-.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
|Overlord| said:
Can you identify "causes"?. It's an idea that comes to mind -_-.
Just because someone gets a BSOD doesn't mean their HDD is dead/dieing, though. It's probably:
Smith| said:
Probably some driver problems.
My window won't close all the way, should I buy a new door?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Just because someone gets a BSOD doesn't mean their HDD is dead/dieing, though. It's probably:My window won't close all the way, should I buy a new door?
And what does that have to do with anything?. A door and a window fitting are two different things altogether, except if your'e putting a small window on a door.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's probably refers to "Probably some driver problems."

The window thing is there for humour.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And the both of you acting like children what is that there for? Both of you better stop with this nonsense I’m sick of you guys arguing in every thread and having a go at each other whenever you have an opportunity to this behavior is stupid both of you need to grow up and stop this NOW last warning for both of you.

If you have such a problem with each other use the handy little private messaging system or better yet i suggest you both have a meeting in #cucsoffice because if i have to deal with you guys hijacking a thread and flaming each other again there will be consequences.

For now both smith and overlord are banned from posting in this thread.

No time for jokes i'm being serious

Me too!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks guys and that one you posted with the sata drive, I was looking at that today in Frys. Alot cheaper in Newegg, and plus I live right by where they stock most of the parts too. Better get my dad to order one since free delivery only on weekends. :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lith said:
plus I live right by where they stock most of the parts too. Better get my dad to order one since free delivery only on weekends. :O
Heh, lucky you. I may need to buy a new HDD, myself, soon. Running short on space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom