k well i just went and bought me a psp

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i needed something to do at work, when i wasnt actually working (which is surprisingly more than half the day most days, so far)

picked me up mhf2 and i love it, i used to play the original one on ps2 up until the day capcom shut the servers down, but what i am interested in more is emulation, SNES emulation if possible (which i know is illegal so dont tell me how, im talking for the sake of talking) but PSX emulation namely for various titles that I already own (and can be discussed legally here, as it is an official emulator and not an illegal one).

http://forevergeek.com/psp/official_psone_emulator_for_psp_announced.php

i know that sony was working on it because of this article, but i do not see any options for it on screen so this leaves to believe it was scrapped or isnt finished yet, anyone have any news or information on it?

i wanna play breath of fire 3 again =(

also, i need me a cheap ass memory stick, cookie to whoever finds me a cheap 2-4gb one.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know for a fact that you need a PS3 to download the PS1 game from the PS store, that then converts it for the PSP.

Or if you want to (which I want to do), you can use Pandora's Battery and the Magic Stick to downgrade your PSP to 1.5 and download w/e updates to play any PS1 game on the "downgraded" PSP. Er, I think you can, basing off Afterdawn.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hear to do that you need to perform surgery on your psp, and well i dont want to risk that XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think you risk anything since the PSP goes into "Sony" service mode where I think lists the firmware you'd like to use.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The risk really goes away if you know what you are doing. It's much better than buying games, so it's definatly work it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wanna play breath of fire 3 again =(
Uhh BoF3 got a PSP release. Widescreen and some new stuff..

Also the psp already got the PS1 emulator. Theres actually a lot of ways to put a PS1 game on the PSP and people have converted basically the whole PS1 library since Sony like gave up on releasing more games.

Sound Artist
Best answers
You have to actually use older firmware to use the Homebrew software/emulators, essentially killing your chances at playing real games. It's been this way for years, but i've been out of the psp game for a bit so maybe that has changed.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have custom firmware myself. But it depends on what firmware you have now to see if it is possible you can get it as well. Above a certain firmware, you can't downgrade anymore and you need a so called Pandora battery and Magic memorystick to downgrade. Downside is, these can only be made with PSP's that have a custom firmware. Other than making a battery a Pandora battery, there is not that much technical stuff involved. That and there is also a small difference if you have a PSP-1000, or PSP-2000 (Fat or Slim PSP). Nowadays, Custom firmware has advanced so much since the old days. The Official latest firmware is 3.95 and the latest Custom firmware is 3.93. But no game has been made for 3.93 yet anyway. I have 3.51 Custom Firmware, and I can still play Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, one of the latest games released.

But custom firmware is great, you can play any PS1 game, A lot of N64 games, Snes games, Gameboy games, Gameboy Color games, Gameboy advance games, Nes games, Megadrive/Genesis games and more and more and more.

Oh and by the way, you don't have to mod your PSP to play Breath of Fire III. BoF III was remade for the PSP, but you will probably have to import the game from Europe, as I think the port was never released in America.

For a cheap 4GB stick, check this: http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5370858?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG And you even get a free movie with it. If you want something even cheaper, you can look around to see if you can find any Lexar's. Note though that if you get a Lexar and you plan on using plugins to enhance your PSP experience, you do not want to get one at all. Lexar is known for it's inability to use any plugins at all on the custom firmware. You'd have to get a Sony or a Sandisk then. But the Lexar is good enough for homebrew, movies and music.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhh BoF3 got a PSP release. Widescreen and some new stuff..

Also the psp already got the PS1 emulator. Theres actually a lot of ways to put a PS1 game on the PSP and people have converted basically the whole PS1 library since Sony like gave up on releasing more games.

/orgasm

well is the only legal way to do so with a ps3? i dont wanna get my own thread locked and all XD

I don't think you risk anything since the PSP goes into "Sony" service mode where I think lists the firmware you'd like to use.
this perks my interest, elaborate

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom