K, selling my psp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG I R ADVRTIZEENG.

Just keeding. Well, I'm selling my PSP to some guy for about 200$-250$ and someone's already agree'd to get it for 200. now he just needs to find the money. So while I wait, I was wondering...

Should I get a Nintendo DS with some games (mainly Mario Kart & Wario's funland or whatever)

Or should I do something else with it. if its something else, post.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Odds are, youll find a DS just as useless in a couple months. How about putting that money into something else, something more useful.

Hey, psst! The dollar sign goes before the amount.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly, I probably wouldn't get a DS. Now I myself have one, and I do enjoy it a lot, but I recieved it for xmas. And while it is fun, the amount of time I play it wouldn't justify me buying it myself. But since I got it for free, it's worth it.

So unless you go on a lot of road trips, or you just dont have any other consoles/games to play, i'd pass on the DS and save it for something else.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
Get some new RAM or a video card.
768 MB of ram, good enough for me =)

Also, my video card is a geforce 6600 GT, so no real need to upgrade (not enough money :O)

Also, I want a DS because the PSP didnt satisfy me at all in fun-ness. It was just... cool. The DS, on the other hand, is one of the funnest time wasters ever.

my low down on PSP vs DS

Note, im not turning this into a fan boy console thing war ma-jigger.

PSP:Cool. Very cool, but not very fun. highly graphical.

DS: Pretty bland, two screens, touch screen (pretty cool), low graphics, extremely fun.

So yeah, I got the PSP due to my PS2 fanboy, but the DS is just looking alot more promising then alot of the current stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you really want a DS, buy one. Ill try not to say I told you so. Handhelds are like consoles, only less fun and smaller.

Best answers
Cept for the fact that those things aren't mass produced any more, and you'd probably pay as much as for a DS for one on Ebay >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Save ure money. DS is another name for paperweight in my vocabulary.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Wait for the DS Lite, just because some haters here don't like the DS doesn't mean you won't. I have it and a PSP, and well in my vocabulary PSP is not only another name for paperweight, but dust collector as well.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you get the DS, I recommened getting Mario Kart. That game pwns imo..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you think your PSP is not very fun, then you haven't found out homebrew yet. Even though it is kinda illegal (as in, Sony is trying to stop all homebrew) it is alot of fun having old-school snes/nes/gameboy color or even home-made games made by people like you and me. The DS might have some fun games right now, but the PSP still has alot of ways to go. But this topic is not about this. So ontopic; If I were you, I would save the money untill the PS3/Nintendo Rev. is released. Then you can decide again wether you want a DS, PSP, Xbox 360, Nintendo Rev., PS3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The DS has the new DBZ: Supersonic Warriors on it, and i'm sure more DBZ games will be on the way (story-wise there's still all of DB and half of GT to go =P ). With the new DS Lite (smaller, lighter, better screens) on the way now seems as good a time as any to get one, even if you are jumping from one handheld to the next. If you want to go for it then go for it =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have Supersonic Warriors 2, and it's pretty sweet. There's a few things that oddly were in SS 1 but were taken out for SW 2, such as the teleport switch move when you had more than one character. You can still do a similar technique by selecting your team member from the touchscreen, but it isn't as intuitive and fast, plus it randomly picks a location to warp your teammate to, I believe.

There's more characters, and some are quite cool (Meta Cooler FTW o/) and everyone now has a special ability you can activate with L. For some, it's a SSJ transformation or similar transformation to make them more powerful (doesn't give you any new attacks, though..), and if your HP is in the red, and you have enough Ki, you can activate an Ultimate Attack, which are usually quite bad ass and powerful. (Kaioken x20 anyone?)

There are also Team Attacks, and they really make the game worthwhile, IMO. Certain characters (like Goku, Piccolo and Vegeta) can perform a Team Attack together. Most of them are really cool, and there's even some combos in there that would normally never happen (Super Buu + SSJ3 Gotenks).

Unfortunately, the controls aren't as responsive, and the smaller Ki blasts have been crapified, but it's still a ton of fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just got a DS yesterday

and my god its so ***...

Haha, just kidding, I can't stop playing it. I ****ing love this thing. Was well worth a buy. I got Super mario 64 DS (never played the n64 one) and Super mario kart (retro SNES levels ftw)

I was GOING to get Warioware: touched, but they were sold out. I'm waiting for the new metroid game.

I'm unbelievably glad I got the DS =D

Any one recommend other games?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For DS:
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Polarium
DBZ: Supersonic Warriors 2
Mario Kart DS
Trauma Centre: Under The Knife
Trace Memory
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Sonic Rush

There's tons of great games out now. :3

Force Pit Member
Best answers
How can you have a game list and not have:

Meteos
Advance Wars
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

????? Those are all MUST HAVES!!!! And another great, but not a must have is Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, it has a full soundtrack, huge levels, and plays like THPS 2 & 3, not all those crappy new ones ^_^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
If you think your PSP is not very fun, then you haven't found out homebrew yet. Even though it is kinda illegal (as in, Sony is trying to stop all homebrew) it is alot of fun having old-school snes/nes/gameboy color or even home-made games made by people like you and me. The DS might have some fun games right now, but the PSP still has alot of ways to go. But this topic is not about this. So ontopic; If I were you, I would save the money untill the PS3/Nintendo Rev. is released. Then you can decide again wether you want a DS, PSP, Xbox 360, Nintendo Rev., PS3.
Homebrew definitely makes the PSP worth it, especially with the latest 2.01/2.5 eLoader out ;). I hope you enjoy your purchase, Kaination.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kirby: Canvas Curse is really fun, and very unique. The entire game is used with just the stylus as you draw little paths for kirby to roll around on (he's lost his limbs! oh noes!). It doesn't feel gimmicky at all, unlike that yoshi touch and go game, and it's got a bunch of stuff to unlock, which adds to the replay value. In short, it's awesome, go get it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was going to say use the money for a strip club. But I suppose a DS comes close eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom