Just some quick questions! (ALOT)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Well this sounds all kinds of dandy. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer me back. The movement sounds like it's been refined nicely. I'm excited for all the changes, sounds as though the entire functionality of the game has taken quite a shift emphasizing more on swoops usefulness as the primary form of locomotion what with how stamina will drain persistent teleporters. I like this because I prefer swoop myself over high-speed movement(teleporting), in the heat of combat, and tend to the teleporting more for evasive practices than offensive, and sometimes to help get around >,,<

Still cant wait to see how everything becomes functional in game what with the increased speed, and more space for movement, the physics 101 of ESF if you will. I'm pretty sure wall jumping is still in there, and I liked how in that playtest video Vegeta springs into a backflip while jumping backwards at one point. Totally not his style! But it works and looks cool.

The Ki idea comes from me just wanting to get rid of the HUD in 1.2.3 at times.. or at least the reticle, both of which get distracting when fighting other people. You eventually get to the point where you know what key is which power and you don't need to look to see what you have at the ready, so this would help with immersion I think, which.. leads me to another question, because I kinda use the top of the character's head as my aiming spot.

Will the camera be as stiff as it was in 1.2.3 I found that this helps your aim quite a bit, but makes things like turning and circling seem rigid and clunky, and not at all like you are soaring through the air. A slight camera xoffset say like 23 helps smooth this out, or 45 for a nice dynamic effect. Will final feature a camera that is centered directly behind the player again, or something more over the shoulder?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
You know, there's no need to constantly check your ki bar... you should commit the time it takes to recharge from 1 teleport to heart. It'll take time to master it but I think that's 1 thing that separates the pros from the rest.

Another thought: get used to charging ki when you're not doing anything else, and then just focus on tracking and hitting your opponent... and when you're not doing that, keep charging.... makes sense right?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If you just want to get rid of the crosshair, then simply replace the crosshair sprite files with blanks. As for teleporting and stamina drain. We are not draining stamina for every teleport. We re draining it for spamming teleport. So if you do 5 or 6 teleports by just tapping the button, then your stamina will be pretty much devastated.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
You know, there's no need to constantly check your ki bar... you should commit the time it takes to recharge from 1 teleport to heart. It'll take time to master it but I think that's 1 thing that separates the pros from the rest.

Another thought: get used to charging ki when you're not doing anything else, and then just focus on tracking and hitting your opponent... and when you're not doing that, keep charging.... makes sense right?
Well it's not just teleporting sir, swooping drains Ki, recovering from a hit, charging attacks and as the game stand now, I don't care to memorize all these little details. Way I see it, if I ever get so good as to where I have every fundamental detail figured out, such as the exact distance of the teleport, and ki it drains, perfect tracking, and precise movement; there is no more reason to play the game. Refining the game down to every exact measurement like the pro's do just saps all the fun out of the game for me. It makes combat tediously predictable, and takes all sense of creative dynamic from the fight.

And for the stamina thing, really I'm just going off of what is there in Open Beta, seems like after 3 teleports you start draining stamina for everyone within a couple of seconds and enter a 'tired' state where you cant do much of anything.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's when you no longer have to focus on tedium in the form of ki management, teleport distances and how far your swoop travels before you stop, and it becomes second nature, that the game opens up and allows for actual creative play in the form of feinting, knowing when to be aggressive or defensive, reading your opponent, using the terrain to your advantage, placement of your character versus theirs in a 3 dimensional environment, etc. It just sounds like you don't have a grasp of the basics, so when you fight someone who knows what they're doing, you're essentially getting raped with no course of action to take. Granted, there are certain quirks about the game that I think should be fixed, and probably have been already, but to try to make the game even easier than it is now is a mistake. No amount of balancing and rebalancing is going to keep my fingers from your throat. You just need to get good at the game.

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
There isn't a full list of maps atm, One of our biggest problems atm is environment artists :(
As for Trunks he will use his sword, there's a clip somewhere of him using it

I'm guessing by seperate character you mean transformations? Or do you mean selectable characters?

I'm not 100% sure on Gohans path but I think we're just using teen Gohan
No fusions
Buu will transform from Fat Buu to Kid Buu (going through evil and super) no absorptions I believe they aren't important transformations
No Uub
There will be #16, #17, #18 as far as I know (Buddy system)
Cell will stop at Perfect, Super Perfect isn't enough of a transformation
No joke characters, though the threads do appear still
No Bardock at all

No Kaioken, Just use turbo
Not sure about Picollo stretching, It probably won't animate right though
Instant transmission is just teleporting, Just use that

We have permission to use Bruce Falcouners music (there is some in 1.2.3) but otherwise it will be original/remixed music

why just why

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Come on, Deverz. Why?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
It's when you no longer have to focus on tedium in the form of ki management, teleport distances and how far your swoop travels before you stop, and it becomes second nature, that the game opens up and allows for actual creative play in the form of feinting, knowing when to be aggressive or defensive, reading your opponent, using the terrain to your advantage, placement of your character versus theirs in a 3 dimensional environment, etc. It just sounds like you don't have a grasp of the basics, so when you fight someone who knows what they're doing, you're essentially getting raped with no course of action to take. Granted, there are certain quirks about the game that I think should be fixed, and probably have been already, but to try to make the game even easier than it is now is a mistake. No amount of balancing and rebalancing is going to keep my fingers from your throat. You just need to get good at the game.
Well hot damn. *rubs throat* I need to practice!!! I don't wanna be rapped!

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it's not just teleporting sir, swooping drains Ki, recovering from a hit, charging attacks and as the game stand now, I don't care to memorize all these little details. Way I see it, if I ever get so good as to where I have every fundamental detail figured out, such as the exact distance of the teleport, and ki it drains, perfect tracking, and precise movement; there is no more reason to play the game. Refining the game down to every exact measurement like the pro's do just saps all the fun out of the game for me. It makes combat tediously predictable, and takes all sense of creative dynamic from the fight.

And for the stamina thing, really I'm just going off of what is there in Open Beta, seems like after 3 teleports you start draining stamina for everyone within a couple of seconds and enter a 'tired' state where you cant do much of anything.
Mr. name changing ass muncher said it pretty well. There's no counting or measuring. It's just skill. That's what is great about ESF as a fighting game, it's so simple that it gives you the range to do whatever you want. There are techniques the "pro" players created that weren't originally intended to be in the game. Differences in tactics and strategy being in the air as opposed to being near ground or in water. When you get good enough, someone flying straight at you is an instant teleport hit. Most of the good players will try and goad their opponent into make the first move by faking swoops and teleporting at constant intervals to catch their attention. It's a game about strategy more than anything.

Best answers
Sorry but what I wanted to say is if will have a selection of special attack or something like that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
They're all available the moment you choose your character, unless they're transformation specific e.g. Final Flash for SSJ Vegeta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom