Just simple question.. If you had the FrostBite 2.0 Engine ..

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you had the MOST ! strong engine today - FrostBite Engine , You will leave the half life engine and start over on the frostbite engine ?,
I mean , AMAZING Graphics, BEST Physx engine ... So what you guys would choose:
1.Stay with the Half life Engine - Soon 1.3 final release ( i think).
2.Start over with frostbite , but , when its will be released its will be epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pNOxynC1Dc - frosbite.

-Falling building because of the KI Blasts.
-Throw characters at building and cars!.
- more more and more :)

What you guys think ?! :cool:

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They have been modding the Half-Life engine for atleast 6 years now. With all that knowledge it is taking them as long as it is. Learning a completely new engine, making assets for it, it will all take so long that by the time the mod is released, the engine will no longer be as spectacular is once was.

All this is hypothetical ofcourse, there is no way in a million years that Frostbite will be available in the form required for making ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sure , AI its not the problem XD. Just imagine it .. :O!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-life Engine > Frostbyte 2.0

'Nuff said.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
First, How did you figure that Frostbite 2.0 is the "MOST ! strong" engine today?
And i doubt it. If the dev team had access to one of the currently famous they'd probably be working on their own original IP since there is no way in hell they could release a game based on a licensed name, and if i'm not wrong a lot of devs here aren't interested in Dragon Ball no more

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
with the frost bite engine 2.0 i'd create second life 2, then hijack some superior net company like google and delete google while implenting second life 2. People will then enjoy life without the fear of dieing, imagine the thing's that can be accomplished?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt Frostbite is the best engine out there. Its with the top ones, but there is no such thing as best.

That aside no we will not move from half life even if we do get the source code to X fancy new engine.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yes eliyac just imagine it.....just imagine having to remake every single thing they have done up to now. Go look in your esf folder, see all those files? Almost none of those would be usable. Moving to a new engine just isn't an option, especially if the only real benefits are that it has "AMAZING Graphics" (which would have to be made from scratch, higher quality stuff takes longer to make) and the "BEST Physx engine" (not a great benefit when dbz routinely defies the laws of physics anyway :p ).

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He just want us to express our opinions in a hypothetical situation. Basically he wants a Dbz game with full destructibility. We had a chat in Steam, and by Physx he means environmental destruction.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ye Thanks Z! , BTW , Half Life 1 rulez XD.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I say finish it with the current engine....then someone else down the road can do another dbz mod with stupid good graphics

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Just because an engine look good, doesn't mean it's a strong one. now for a bold statement; Any idiot can create nice graphics, however, smart people can create nice graphics which also work on affordable computers.
NS2 looks nice, but there are over 9000 gamers out there which can't run it because it's fps is ****.

Frosbite looks promosing though

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair, NS2 is quite playable now :p Which teaches gamers the lesson of paying attention to in development games and how optimization works. Similar to ESF.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF will die on the Half-Life engine no matter what engine is out there. Other people nailed it on saying that we'd have to redo a lot of the work. A lot of the redone work would be coded related since art can be exported to any format. Our code already is surpassing a 100k lines easy.

But to be the one mod that was able to surpass every hl1 mod out there in terms of technology, and to also be an hl1 mod that has the graphical ability to be near quality to a number of modern day games, I feel is an amazing feat in itself.

to have the best graphics and physx, it doesnt really concern me. DBZ is an anime based mod, you can only make anime look so good on any engine. It all depends on your art style preference in terms of graphics. The physx part, our engine already has physics abilities, we just dont choose to use particular things because it is not relevant to our gameplay needs.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF will die on the Half-Life engine no matter what engine is out there. Other people nailed it on saying that we'd have to redo a lot of the work. A lot of the redone work would be coded related since art can be exported to any format. Our code already is surpassing a 100k lines easy.

But to be the one mod that was able to surpass every hl1 mod out there in terms of technology, and to also be an hl1 mod that has the graphical ability to be near quality to a number of modern day games, I feel is an amazing feat in itself.

to have the best graphics and physx, it doesnt really concern me. DBZ is an anime based mod, you can only make anime look so good on any engine. It all depends on your art style preference in terms of graphics. The physx part, our engine already has physics abilities, we just dont choose to use particular things because it is not relevant to our gameplay needs.
With physx he meant environment destruction physx though ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom