Just got a second monitor, any way to hook up individual speakers to it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I just found a DVI --> HDMI cable that works perfectly, so now my 32" tv is now a secondary monitor.

I'm wondering, is there any way to hook up individual speakers to where it can detect whatever is on the second monitor, be played through speakers. kind of like an if-then statement.

imagine if you will:

monitor2 = new second monitor
speakers2 = speakers hooked up to the new monitor
speakers1 = speakers hooked up to old monitor

if (window == monitor2) {
play speakers2;
}
else {
play speakers1;
}

i probably did that horrifically, but get what i'm saying?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know of any utilities that will let you do that.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I approve of your pseudo-code (complete with semicolons!) unfortunately however, I don't know of any such application that can handle that.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What you need is multiple line outs for your audio, and a platform to control them. This way you can send whatever audio signal you want to either PC or TV as you demand it. There are lots of utilities for mastering the inputs and ouputs of your audio, depending on what hardware you have and what youre using it for. A modern TV shouldnt be too different in principle to an amp or other audio receiver. However, something like this that requires the current window focus makes it a little trickier, but with any luck someone has tried your situation before. Maybe check out some sound tech forums and see what you can dig up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom