Just Curious(Yet again!)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
So as I find myself thinking about ESF at some point everyday I've come to another bit of wonderment about the upcoming mechanics.. Now I'm not 100% sure if this has been asked, I've looked around a little bit and saw nuttin..

Will the glorious power struggles damage players who move into them or blow up much the way they did in 1.2.3 if a player touches the beam head?

It always seemed like the last place anyone would want to be when you see em in the series. So I thought, maybe regardless of who you are it would be neat to see the event horizon of a beam collision be like a hazard that other players could take advantage of; for example:

(Players A and C are on good team :: Players B and D are on bad team)

Player A and Player B both fire attacks at one another and engage in a beam struggle and you have that big blast of energy trying to get to either side. Meanwhile, Player C grabs Player D, and throws him into the heart of the event horizon.

1. Will Player D cause the struggle to explode and end it?

2. Will Player D pass through the struggle and suffer damage for the time he is in there?

3. Or will Player D just pass through without interacting with the struggle at all?

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
4. Divide by zero?

It would be a nice little feature and it would give more karakter to the event. Just flying through beams of pure death-rays drop the immersion a tiny bit.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
someone could definitely be an annoying douche and cause them to explode all the time so theres a reason against it. But usually players don't enjoy killing themselves very much.

I think for the example given above it would be a great feature.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The answer is 1.

The problem is that actually hitting that thing is really difficult. It moves quite a bit faster than in 1.2 you know ^^

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not that difficult if player C stands next to A or B and throws D alongside the PS beam until it hits the thing. Just a thought.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The answer is 1.

The problem is that actually hitting that thing is really difficult. It moves quite a bit faster than in 1.2 you know ^^
Ah o'righ! Thank you for that answer. Good that it moves faster, I really love that the whole game is appealing more and more to reflex, timing and skill.

Tenzo seems to already have the formula down lol. Though getting someone to line up almost parallel with a beam might be more difficult than throwing them at the collision. Y'know unless your all zen and the art, and in controll of your enemies movements cause your scary fast O,,o

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i didn't say it would be easy either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom