Jump to esf 1.4

Best answers
:p I think it's to late to ask it for 1.3, but will esf team can make cel-shaded models? :idea:
Super Vegetto's awesome models gave me this idea. O_O
I hope this is possible for hl engine. :yes:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it's not. Not going to happen, find a modeller in ms3d to make the models fake cellshaded.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Black Gohan, its possible to have cel shaded models, they werent entirely celshaded, but they were perfect, i remember like 2 years ago or last year someone reproduced cel shaded models of the current ones

Best answers
ya. ness. thous cell shaded models looked like ass T_T damn bad cell chading it was. and the models weren't that great eather. i thing u can still find it at esf-world. i personally love cell shaded models and stuff :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These are the ones you mean, but they're for 1.1 not 1.2. The effect works quite well on some of them, others not so much.

I think it would be a big effort to implement a cel shading system in 1.4 and then redo (skins) all the models. An effort that I think the team would be slightly reluctant to do imo.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just don't think cel shading is necessary for ESF. They look fine non cell shaded and the ones in those pictures look kinda funky. Vegetto's model looks nice becasue it is a specific render. I think the only thing closest to cel shading half life can offer is a cheap substitute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom