Jump System

Best answers
My suggestion is for the jump system. I'm thinking a good change would be jumping backwards. When you jump backwards, you only jump half as high. But you move back twice as far. This could be very useful for dodging beams, ki-blobls, and maybe even melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean like some kind of quick backflip?

Mh.. might be interesting. I kind of like it. :3

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personaly id like to see this.

The fly down button has no function on the ground besides making you wank. How about this. When you hold that button and a direction than press jump you do the same thing as you would if you are smashed into the ground and jump away.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's easy enough to get away by just flying or beam jumping, God forbid you teleport to the side or straight up. Besides, jumping backwards usually means you are jumping away from the person swooping at you, and he would just be able to follow you unless you were going faster than he was flying.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if you ask me. Id like to see some ground action.

Just think all the animations are in already. Its easy to use the ones from the recovery from getting thrown into the ground. Shure you are limited to jumps. Speed and distance arnt swoop. But for that you could do some fast manewers. Lets say you jump back first (still holding the fly down button[ctrl]) when you hit the ground you press A and jump again thistime to the left. This includes forward, back, left and right. You could do some great moves. And the animations are all already in. Only the code is missing.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Sounds cool.

I keep getting this picture of this gen ball coming for me and then in classic dbz style I jump away at the last second.

And if the animations are already there (which apparently they are) it wouldn't be to hard to implement.

Best answers
well basically when you jump backwards doing a quick backflip you jump back very far

nge

Best answers
Eh, you can do this in essence already- swoop backwards at an angle, drift, hit your tele key, and swoop wherever you want after that.

Best answers
well as of right now, there is almost no point on being on the ground. Like Grega says, it would be interesting if there was some ground action. Like some people will fight in the air, others will fight on the ground. Each having their own ways of fighting. Like when in the air you swoop, and if yoru on the ground. you could add a dash where its like half the speed of a normal swoop for the ground (if anyone would like to slightly alter this idea, give some input)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yea the team should make ground fighting more versatile, like dash punches and kicks (basically a swoop but drains very little stamina/ki or none at all, and can also be combined with a punch or kick move), teleports on ground cost less ki/ stamina, easier to pull off combos, pounding someone into the ground, things like that.

Pretty much all fights are in the air. Maybe they can create unique moves that can only be pulled off on the ground. One way I see it working, is when your on the ground, your basically glued down on it, until you hit the jump button. So swooping and dashing will not lift you off the ground, even if you aim up with the mouse.

And of course the jump move the topic is about! I also think ground running should be faster. Could be a good strategy if you see a beam coming at you, to make a quick drop to the ground and run.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking of 2 things actualy.

Dash:
If you are on teh grund and swoop (WASD directions only) you dont lift off the ground. Instead you "dash" on the ground. Speed is a bit slower than swoop but it costs less ki cause you aint flying (maby have it drain stamina not mutch though). But it acts the same as swoop when it comes to melee. If you dash into someone you start the prepunch and so on.

Jumps:
When on the ground. You press the duck button (swoop down default CTRL) and than hit a direction (WASD) you make a jump in that direction. The same kinda jump as when you are smashed into the ground and recover by jumping away. KI/stamina cost is only as mutch as a full jump.

Dash:
-pros:
*Alows fast movement on the ground with the same melee kapatimility as swoop.
*Dosent drain to mutch KI
-cons:
*Is slower than swoop so you can be caught with swoop.
*Moving is limited to the surface area only (so its 2D movement)

Jump:
-pros:
*Allmoast no KI/Stamina cost
*Makes the posibility of fast manevers with 90° turns
-cons:
*Has to be charged like walljump if you want to get far.
*Bad maneverability in the air so its easy to predict where the person will land.

Best answers
ESF is a great game in my opinion.. but all the action seems to only happen in the air... I think the game should also have some ground action as well to add more dinamix to the game(hope i spelt that right ^^).

Anyway here is my idea.. Ok lets say your on the ground and you double tap forward. Instead of it making you swoop, it should have you do something i like to call a leep*.

Leep: You push off of 1 leg an go as fast as a swoop(maybe just alittle slower) and you go half the distance of a tele this would encourge fighting near the ground as well.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is pretty complicated as it is. No need in making it more so to add something as trivial as this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I think it would make ESF more interesting. It's true - as it is now, ESF is based mainly on ground combat. Not everyone likes aerial combat or is good at it, and adding ground combat gives ESF more variety. If you're good, you could easily mix ground combat up with aerial combat.

Best answers
Sub said:
ESF is pretty complicated as it is. No need in making it more so to add something as trivial as this.
They thing is.. ide like esf to have a diverse selection of ways to fight... Some easier .. some harder an take more skill.. you need to have all skill levels an ways to fight :p to hook all kinds of audiences out there.

This may be alittle of topic but ive figured out how the ESF team could throw in specials during a basic melee combo..

First of all ... in order to pull of a special.. your special bar meter needs to be full...

2nd of all.. in order to do the special you have to click both right and left click at the same time..

3rd: a player must be in range

4rth: the special only effects the person you last hit

Example.. My meter is full and i basic melee someone twice and have my melee weapon selected.. as there falling back i have to aim at them and click both left an right click... allowing me to do my ""melee Special"" since i have my melee weapon selected.. Then from there maybe a wave of energy can come out of my player.. This wave of energy could represent the range in wich i can do my special.. if the energy wave fades away before reaching the person you recently hit then special is canceled.. but if the person you hit last is in range then the special will take place.. maybe my character will auto maticly teleport infront of them an smack them around about.. The same thing about the range system would accur for beam specials ..

*ki blob specials* ( would be mostly used when someone is out of ki and hits the ground)
Similar to Vegeta's renzoku except this special doesn't create ki blobs so each hit does dmg and the attack last longer.

*Generic attack special*
accurs after a basic melee hit(and the person you hit last MUST BE IN Range). YOu do the special: A gen beam that doesn't explode when it hits it target but instead pushes them into a wall/floor then explodes causing dmg from the explosion and the player also takes dmg from slamming into the wall after the explosion..(the player doing the special has slight control of the beam while its pushing the player but cannot turn the beam completely around)

*Kameha/Big Bang/ect*
After a basic hit the player can use this special causing him to the person he recently hit(and is in range still) again but the hit knocks his opponent completely off balance an causes them to fly back.. *the person doing the speical auto-maticly begins to charge his kameha/big bang/ect ... The person who recovers automaticly at a specific distance that never changes, cant move an may either block.. or switch to his kahema/big bang/ect and beam back..

oh and most important The special bar works like the CF bar you must melee to fill it up

Best answers
I dont know if anyone has noticed this but if you press jump while shooting a beam the beam does a slight curve upwards or downward.

and if your holding jump when a beam hits the ground you "beam jump"

Well what if you were to beam at the ground and you held forward..

an instead of the beam crashing into the ground it would surf the ground... kind ride over it?(including mountains) and while doing this you could turn it around an all of that while it was "surfing the ground". I think if this was added you could pull off more suprising beam attacks

another thing.. when you beaming and you want to turn the beam around you have to turn your screen completely around.. leaving you VERY vulnerable to attacks..

INsteady of turning your screen all the way around to beam.. why not just press the back arrow to have the beam turn around and from there you can look right to have the beam go right.. or look left to have the beam go left

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom